Windows 7 xp to 7 upgrade, now 360 is sad

Clock Work

ok so here it is,

i grabbed a copy of windows 7 and decided to check it out, but after i upgraded i found out all my videos will no longer stream to my 360.

so heres how it happened:

i had Xp and everything was great, i was streaming my avi's and mp4's to my 360 without a gliche, i used wmp11 to just stream em over from my external hd to the 360.

now after the 7 install:

after installing 7 and updating and setting up all the programs i tried to connect my 360, so i went through all the steps, i succseffully streamed music but it was slow to load, excrutiatingly slow. then i tried my videos...

so when i try to play a video:

all my videos show up, and have thumbnails, but they also have a "do not enter" circle/slash, when i try to play any video the 360 says the codec doesnt work.

why this is so frustrating:

every one of these videos will play on the 360 if i unplugg the hard drive from the windows 7 pc and plug it directly into the 360, also they all played just a few hours ago when my pc was on XP, also i have the same problem with a friends vista pc.

so what happened?

when i installed 7 it converted all of my media to a codec thats unstreamable? maybe
or is it that windows is always junk when it first comes out? highly likely (just frustrated :mad: )
but seriously, why would the 360 play them directly, but not accept them as a stream? or even further more, why can the 360 stream these videos from xp but not from 7?

Windows 7 surely didn't touch them. Will they play in media player? Should media player be able to play them? if not you want to put one where I can download it I'll test it.

first, i know the codecs werent changed by win 7, i said that strictly out of frustration.

wmp12 plays them fine, all of them!! although in win7 my videos play a little choppy compared to my xp install that played them just fine.

you can download any .avi, alotta my videos come from axxo of the torrent site superfundo.

i was in the proccess of uploading a video to sendspace when i decided to check and be sure that the video i was uploading didnt work, to my suprise it played, slightly slowly but played none the less.

then i went through all my videos and most will play now, i dont know why, i didnt update, or even reboot, the only change i made was that i disabled thumbnail cacheing

now i just have a couple videos that still dont play, but the error is different now, it dosent say anything about codec any more, just that its unsupported, status code: 69-C00D36C4

so i guess it worked it self out for now .... i guess

----------------------EDIT-----------------------------------

ok so yah my videos do "play" if you can call it that, the videos will play but the 360 will freeze if i try to fastfoward/rewind/pause, or in any way try to scan through the video, or even just pause and un-pause.

the circle/slashes still appear on the left column, and the thumbnails are displayed in the preveiw windows on the right.

Last edited:
now i just have a couple videos that still dont play, but the error is different now, it dosent say anything about codec any more, just that its unsupported, status code: 69-C00D36C4

so i guess it worked it self out for now .... i guess

Come on.. give me credit.. you know I fixed it... haha

Back