XPS13 issue with temperature

I have this Dell XPS13 and it is running very hot, both the CPU and the SSD
It's also performing badly

I'm looking into the cause of this issue, because I worked with many laptop (and PC's), and I've never seen anything like this

The CPU (an Intel I7) extremely easily goes to 100 degrees, it fluctuates a lot between 40 and 100 degrees
The SSD is running around 45 and 55 degrees
The cooler is constantly running (it seems like that)

The thing is, he's doing that without actually running anything specific

The memory is also often at 7 or 8 GB, and also here: nothing is using lots of memory
CPU usage is often high: but nothing seems to be using much more than other

If that's C temps then yes that seems high; however, you may want to look at specs. It just may run hot. And yes the fan will likely run all the time at those temps. I'm guessing a bad thermal paste job on the heat sink. Probably need to open it up and look or contact Dell if it's under warranty

i would first assume\ test this laptop is prob running hot because the vents are clogged up... that will cause the Cpu to go into throttle down mode

the fix is to open up the case and clean out the vents / fans but you would have a better idea of how much crap gets into the vents than we do... i mean are you sitting on your bed sucking dust up out of the blankets

If that's C temps then yes that seems high; however, you may want to look at specs. It just may run hot. And yes the fan will likely run all the time at those temps. I'm guessing a bad thermal paste job on the heat sink. Probably need to open it up and look or contact Dell if it's under warranty
It's possible but why is the SSD also running hot ?
Can't open up this machine

i would first assume\ test this laptop is prob running hot because the vents are clogged up... that will cause the Cpu to go into throttle down mode

the fix is to open up the case and clean out the vents / fans but you would have a better idea of how much crap gets into the vents than we do... i mean are you sitting on your bed sucking dust up out of the blankets
Not really, it's always on a desk, just like all other laptops which are way older than this new laptop (6 months) which was running slow from the beginning
Can't open up the machine, not legally allowed to

I have this Dell XPS13 and it is running very hot, both the CPU and the SSD
It's also performing badly

I'm looking into the cause of this issue, because I worked with many laptop (and PC's), and I've never seen anything like this

The CPU (an Intel I7) extremely easily goes to 100 degrees, it fluctuates a lot between 40 and 100 degrees
The SSD is running around 45 and 55 degrees
The cooler is constantly running (it seems like that)

The thing is, he's doing that without actually running anything specific

The memory is also often at 7 or 8 GB, and also here: nothing is using lots of memory
CPU usage is often high: but nothing seems to be using much more than other
The computer's excessive temperature is typically a result of inadequate heat dissipation inside the device. To clear dust and add thermal oil, it is advised to locate a qualified physical repair business. Users who are unfamiliar with disassembly are urged to proceed carefully to avoid hardware damage from inappropriate operation and subsequent unwarranted financial losses to you. If the laptop is still under warranty, it is advised to take it to a nearby after-sales facility for maintenance; otherwise, the disassembly could have an adverse effect on any remaining guarantee coverage. Visit The Site

> The computer's excessive temperature is typically a result of inadequate heat dissipation inside the device.

Yes, probably

> To clear dust and add thermal oil, it is advised to locate a qualified physical repair business.

It's a new device

> Users who
> are unfamiliar with disassembly are urged to proceed carefully to avoid hardware damage from inappropriate
> operation and subsequent unwarranted financial losses to you.

Ow no, I open up lattops everyday, no problem

> If the laptop is still under warranty, it is
> advised to take it to a nearby after-sales facility for maintenance;

Luckily there's this forum, how would I have otherwise know this ?

> otherwise, the disassembly could have
> an adverse effect on any remaining guarantee coverage.

It's already broken, so actually the only they can do is improve it.

Just a note : they didn't, this is my last Dell
Worst laptop ever ... XPS 13, don't buy it.

Sitting on my bed ? No, I'm not an 8 year old, playing Minecraft

Do you know what a desk is, and a chair ?

Obviously I'm in the wrong place

Intel itself disagrees, but what do they know about CPU's ?

Look up TJ Max

Back