Windows 10 Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection

sedmeades

Hi,
I have suddenly started getting issues with websites (eg a failure to connect to Sage Pay from a shopping site) - Chrome and Edge browsers. I believe I am up to date with Windows 10 updates and Chrome is right up to date version, just reinstalled to be sure.

eg -I tried accessing PC World Site just now and I get:

"Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection. To access this website upgrade your web browser or use an alternative which supports TLS 1.2 "

My TLS 1,2 is ticked in settings

I am not a tecky and not fiddled with anything - but recently had a big automatic Window update and a Dell update (Dell Inspiron)

Help!!

Can you post a screenshot?

A couple of items that come to mind
  • Some type of local proxy service
  • Malware
  • Firewall blocking traffic

Hi,
I have suddenly started getting issues with websites (eg a failure to connect to Sage Pay from a shopping site) - Chrome and Edge browsers. I believe I am up to date with Windows 10 updates and Chrome is right up to date version, just reinstalled to be sure.

eg -I tried accessing PC World Site just now and I get:

"Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection. To access this website upgrade your web browser or use an alternative which supports TLS 1.2 "

My TLS 1,2 is ticked in settings

I am not a tecky and not fiddled with anything - but recently had a big automatic Window update and a Dell update (Dell Inspiron)

Help!!

Attachments

• Screenshot1.PNG
    Screenshot1.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 125
this is when I try and connect to PC World - both with Chrome or EDGE

Attachments

• Screenshot2.PNG
    Screenshot2.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 134
well I am not a tekky just a 62 year old home laptop user - this is the current status of AVG after my attempt at disabling. It has not made any difference to the situation I reported on web site access denial.

Attachments

• AVGStatus.PNG
    AVGStatus.PNG
    121.4 KB · Views: 139
Uninstall AVG.....Once done, MS built in AV will automatically kick in. Then download Malwarebytes free version and run it. Then download Ccleaner and run it. Then I would reboot.....see if that doesn't fix it for you.

thanks for that. I have noticed I have AVG secure browser available (not noticed or ignored it previously) - but that seems to work fine so far and it has my chrome bookmarks already there

Back