Windows 10 Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection

sedmeades

Hi,
I have suddenly started getting issues with websites (eg a failure to connect to Sage Pay from a shopping site) - Chrome and Edge browsers. I believe I am up to date with Windows 10 updates and Chrome is right up to date version, just reinstalled to be sure.

eg -I tried accessing PC World Site just now and I get:

"Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection. To access this website upgrade your web browser or use an alternative which supports TLS 1.2 "

My TLS 1,2 is ticked in settings

I am not a tecky and not fiddled with anything - but recently had a big automatic Window update and a Dell update (Dell Inspiron)

Help!!

Can you post a screenshot?

A couple of items that come to mind
  • Some type of local proxy service
  • Malware
  • Firewall blocking traffic

Hi,
I have suddenly started getting issues with websites (eg a failure to connect to Sage Pay from a shopping site) - Chrome and Edge browsers. I believe I am up to date with Windows 10 updates and Chrome is right up to date version, just reinstalled to be sure.

eg -I tried accessing PC World Site just now and I get:

"Your web browser is not using a secure enough connection. To access this website upgrade your web browser or use an alternative which supports TLS 1.2 "

My TLS 1,2 is ticked in settings

I am not a tecky and not fiddled with anything - but recently had a big automatic Window update and a Dell update (Dell Inspiron)

Help!!

Attachments

• Screenshot1.PNG
    Screenshot1.PNG
    16.5 KB · Views: 125
thanks Neemobeer - this is what I get when I connect to the LTA site and type in my password

this is when I try and connect to PC World - both with Chrome or EDGE

Attachments

• Screenshot2.PNG
    Screenshot2.PNG
    71.7 KB · Views: 134
well I am not a tekky just a 62 year old home laptop user - this is the current status of AVG after my attempt at disabling. It has not made any difference to the situation I reported on web site access denial.

Attachments

• AVGStatus.PNG
    AVGStatus.PNG
    121.4 KB · Views: 139
"user agent" was mentioned on one website (IBM?) - can't remember which one or whether relevant ..?

Uninstall AVG.....Once done, MS built in AV will automatically kick in. Then download Malwarebytes free version and run it. Then download Ccleaner and run it. Then I would reboot.....see if that doesn't fix it for you.

thanks for that. I have noticed I have AVG secure browser available (not noticed or ignored it previously) - but that seems to work fine so far and it has my chrome bookmarks already there

Back
Top Bottom