Windows 7 Youtube not playing vids.........Java + Adobe flash tested

samliz89

I'm having this wierd issue. This happens in both Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3. I am currently running Windows 7 Release Candidate Build 7100. Everytime I click on a youtube video, the player shows up but nothing happens. The black box with the play and fullscreen icon shows up but the video does not play/load. However, I tested this on other sites like Metacafe and it works fine. I also tested it on adobe and java's website. Both adobe flash player and java work on their respective sites. I have been uninstalling, reinstalling, messing around, and scouring the internet for 2 days now but no luck. BTW I didnt reinstall Win 7 yet because I really don't want to. I'd be happier if I can find a workaround. Any help will be appreciated.

BTW I am not running 64 bit. I am using 32 bit Win 7.

I am having an issue with viewing videos on YouTube as well. The black box with the play and full screen icon shows up but the video does not play/load.

When I try and test on Metcafe, Java , Adobe and Silverlight I have the same issue.

When I try and download the Java version 6 I get a dialog box saying that "we encountered an issue while trying to install Java software on your machine"

With Adobe flash and reader it asks for my OS and in the drop down box there is no windows 7 to choose.

Any help would be appreciated.

My Computer
HP Pavilion dv6000
dv6449us
AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile Technology TL-56 1.80ghz
2.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 ultimate upgrade from Vista
32-bit Operating system

Flash Player .10 wont instal on RC1 but does on the Beta. The Beta us 32 Bit and the RC1 is 64. Does that make any difference?

I am running W7 RC 32 bit.

I was able to resolve the issue by uninstalling flash, Silverlight and Java and reinstalling all three.

Everything is working great now.

Back
Top Bottom