Windows 7 Zero Sound - Creative Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Card

Selky

I just decided to format my XP computer and install Windows 7 (x64). I made no hardware changes. I went to the creative website, downloaded the compatible drivers for my card, installed them, ran through any updates..........and there is zero sound.

If I try to play something in Media Player, the volume does show activity, and the progress bar does show it moving along, but there is no sound. There are no alerts from other programs. No sounds from anywhere or from any program.

When I first tried to install, Windows 7 could not even detect the card. Solved that, but now I can't seem to get it to work. It had worked flawlessly in all my XP installs. There has never been an issue, so the issue obviously lies in Windows 7. This is a great 24bit card, it should not need to be replaced. All help is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Have you checked Device manager to see whats listed? Also I notice two set's of drivers on the web site, have you tried both?

Lastly, try running windows update. I found this sometimes works with creative cards.

All was good in device manager, and I had already run through the updates.

Turns out it was a device setting issue in the system, between the card and the speakers, PNP, etc. Once all those many setting areas were corrected, VOILA! Sound. Never have had those not work before, or not auto-set themselves properly on install.

Back
Top Bottom