Windows Vista 32 bit internet browsers suddenly causing windows 7 64 bit explorer to crash..

MatthewRuddy

So I am having a very weird issue with Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit..

If I open Safari 4 or Internet Explorer, the taskbar crashes (if I leave the window open or minimize it, however it doesn't crash if I close it completely).. and then I hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and the taskmanager also crashes and I have to log off then back on or restart completely.

However, if I use the 64-bit version of Internet Explorer, this doesn't happen. It is ONLY happening with Internet browsers as I have checked with other applications.

I have't installed anything I believe to cause this.. And I have no system restore points to restore too Link Removed - Invalid URL

What shall I do? I can't reinstall, unless 100% necessary as it will take me days to get all this working like it used too..

Thanks for any possible help,
Matthew.

By any chance do you have Webroot Spy Sweeper installed? I just posted about problems it was causing me with browsers and explorer. Maybe it's some of your security software.
Joe

Hi mathew

As I have already asked in another thread, what Build of Win 7 are you using? Some of the builds released into the wild have additional malware hidden within that cause similiar issues to thois you are experiencing. I found this out for myself when I downloaded Build 7077 64 Bit and had numerous Browser related issues similar to thos you are experiencing. I use the Official build 7100 RC 64 bit and apart from initial driver and some app problems which I have overcome, with the help of kemical and others on this forum I am a happy chappie.

Stransky
(Douglas B):D

Hi mathew

As I have already asked in another thread, what Build of Win 7 are you using? Some of the builds released into the wild have additional malware hidden within that cause similiar issues to thois you are experiencing. I found this out for myself when I downloaded Build 7077 64 Bit and had numerous Browser related issues similar to thos you are experiencing. I use the Official build 7100 RC 64 bit and apart from initial driver and some app problems which I have overcome, with the help of kemical and others on this forum I am a happy chappie.

Stransky
(Douglas B):D

I am using Windows 7 64bit RTM 7600 from msdn.

Back