Windows 7 99% GPU Activity Problem

VsUK

Ok, i currently connect my LG Flatron W2361V Monitor & my HD 5830 GPU with a HDMI cable, however some times when i turn my monitor off & come back to turn it on it takes a long time to pic up a signal & when it does system feels slow. However after checking the Catalyst Control Centre is showed my GPU Activity was 99% & it stops like that until i reboot.

Anyone know what might be causing this & a way to fix it?

Thanks

HI VsUK, Can you do a little test for me please ... leave your Monitor ON when you close down your system try it a few times and see if you still have the problem.

On left the monitor on & shut down completely & the monitor hit power saving mode then i booted back up 5 times & the most the GPU activity was 2%. I never have issues from booting up or rebooting, its only when i leave pc on & turn monitor off for a bit & come back to it & it takes a while & GPU activity is 99%.

The '99% bug' is actually a driver fault. Which version of Catalyst are you using? Please update to the latest version where I believe the bug has been fixed for some.

Downloads

If you find the bug is still present then you could try going back to an earlier version. This web page has a whole range of early drivers for you to try. I'd aim around 10.12 if need be..

download from Guru3D.com

Hi, year after i made the reply yesterday i thought id check drivers & i was using 10.3 & am now using 10.5 the latest drivers so hopefully its fixed, if not i will be back :D

Back