Windows 10 A lot of problems with my new laptop

OhYeahThisThing

Hello guys!
Recently i bought myself a new laptop. Just a few days into using the windows it came with i stumbled upon many problems. It makes the whole windows experience really uncomfortable.One thing that should be noted is that I've used windows ever since I was little and never experienced such difficulties. Since i am not very good at descriptions i made a few screenshots for better graphical representations.Please refer to the pictures for more details. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Regards,

Attachments

• snimka 1.jpg
    snimka 1.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 630
  • snimka 2.jpg
    snimka 2.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 623
  • snimka 3.jpg
    snimka 3.jpg
    755.3 KB · Views: 616
  • snimka 4.jpg
    snimka 4.jpg
    324.6 KB · Views: 603
Hi,
since purchasing the lappie have you run Windows update? You might be missing important updates so it's worth checking.

Try these scans and see if they help any:

File scans
Look in your start menu for the folder 'Windows System' (near the bottom of the list) and inside you'll see command prompt, right click on the command prompt icon and click run as administrator. Type (or copy and paste):
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Finally check for malware by running Malwarebytes (it's free)
Free Anti-Malware & Malware Removal

Hope this helps but if not please post back.

Thank you for the quick answer!
As per instructions i performed system scan as well as the other one. I am afraid it did not work. I still have all of the aforementioned problems. My windows is up to date and Malwarebytres did not find any viruses. Just to be on the safe side i attached a few more screens.

Attachments

• malware.jpg
    malware.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 304
  • scan 1.jpg
    scan 1.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 310
  • scan 2.jpg
    scan 2.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 292
I would rebuild your Icon cache and thumbnail cache.

Open a powershell prompt with "Run As Administrator"
Run the following
TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe
Remove-Item -Path $env:localappdata\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*.db
Remove-Item -Path $env:localappdata\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache*.db
Start-Process explorer.exe

I would rebuild your Icon cache and thumbnail cache.

Open a powershell prompt with "Run As Administrator"
Run the following
TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe
Remove-Item -Path $env:localappdata\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\iconcache*.db
Remove-Item -Path $env:localappdata\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache*.db
Start-Process explorer.exe
it does not accept the code above? ""Remove-Item -Path $env:localappdata\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache*.db""

Last edited:
You can download avg antivirus
and scan your whole computer
I think it is malwares run on your pc
This antivirus ability to remove undetected malware like as trozen horse

I scanned my whole laptop using both avg and malware bytes. both (C) and (D) are clean,no viruses detected

Last edited:
Can you run winver and post a pic of it please. Can you also open up a powershell and run sfc /scannow and on completing run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth. On those completing run chkdsk c: /F to complete this you'll need to reboot and wait for it to scan the disk for errors and fix them if required. On that completing, run clean disc and get it to remove the icon cache. Next time you open a folder it may take awhile to rebuild the icon cache but give it time. Other things that would help would be your system specs.

Hi

I'd go with the reinstall crowd, I would download the installation files from Microsoft, and do it clean with none of the manufacturer installed applications.

Then you can start and know that what's on your computer is just what you put on it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Download Windows 10 Disc Image (ISO File)

It just looks like something is fundamentally wrong.
Ive done this in the past, just to get rid of all the junk.

You always have your recovery partition to return to as a backup.

Mike

Last edited:
Is it trying to install updates? The installed version of Windows may be far behind. The pictures you showed us make me think that your laptop is just plain busy, trying to get your system up-to-date? Do you see a high percentage of CPU - and or diskload?

B.t.w a reinstall of Windows is just one of the options in a menu somewhere under 'Update and Security' (and you may have a recovery partition as Mike explaind)

guys,
since i am not very good with computers and i really need a working one ( cant work without it) i just wanted to ask what if my windows is not a legitimate one? i bought the laptop brand new from kind of a sketchy English web store. So what if i just go to windows store and buy windows 10 pro. would that fix the problem and guarantee i have a genuine Windows?

Last edited:
Back