Windows 7 A Program Has Stopped Working Message Displayed

EDDiCTS

I got window 7 ultimate,32bit intel core2 with 2gb of ram.
I Notice this problem yesterday morning when i tried to open Adobe Photoshop CS4,It gave me an error which is "Photoshop has stopped working and some blah blah..".I thought it was a normal problem so i closed and restart it back then it gave me the same error,try to solve it but it gave me worst nightmare and now all of my ADOBE program like illustrator giving me the same error and not only adobe products cuz today i checked some of my program giving the same error like java platform,yahoo msgr etc wont start and gave me the same error which is "blah blah has stopped working" WTF??
i noticed that i couldn't UNINSTALL the program cuz the error giving me the headache.Can someone here please gave me the suggestion and help me in this worst matter to solved it?:(

Best Regards
EDDiCTS

I recommend reinstall Windows, It did to me too and when I reinstalled it went away. Do you have an Anti-Virus program? (YOU SHOULD) and scan your computer first and see if it fixes it. otherwise reinstall.

Im using nod32 and already scan it but it found none suspicious files.REINSTALL windows???Gosh..I wish i did but i dont have external hard disk to make a backup of my files such as my vids,mp3's,images etc..Any other method to vanish this problem away?please help

Try these steps !

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    277.9 KB · Views: 1,756
Unless others can help us, I recommend Reinstall windows, you can use an external hard disk, a normal spare Hard Drive (formatted), a large flash drive, CDs, DVD's or my favorite Blu-Ray Disks to backup. or I forgot try to repair the windows installation which keeps programs and settings and other files but fixes the windows files if their is any missing or damaged.

Edit: My opitnion get an external hard disk, they are very cheap and you will always use it, even keep all your music, Videos and Photos ect. on it.

Last edited:
Hi

Before you do a repair install make sure your computer is clean.

Run SuperAntiSpyware, CCleaner, and Malewarebytes, all are free to download.
I'm betting you will find something. If there is some evil invader it may still be there after a repair.

Once you have cleaned out anything that these programs find then run a repair install from the Windows DVD.
When you get it up and running again get a external hard drive, they are cheap now, and back everything up.

You can use Windows System Backup or an 3rd party program like Ghost, but do a complete System Backup.

Mike

If you want to check the integrity of the system files,,,i suggest you run the SFC command !

1: start>all programs>accessories
2: Right click on Command Prompt
3: Run as Administrator
4:Type without quotes "sfc /scannow"

It will take about 20 minutes to check the original system files and replace any broken or missing files !

Afterwards, I advice you to download Anti-Malwarebytes (free) update the virus database and run it to be sure !

Good luck

Yeah external hard drives are now cheap but take care when selecting one. Avoid the Western Digital drives that have Smartware included. It's a crappy backup program and there is a virtual CD that cannot be deleted. There are a lot of problems with Smartware and firmware that is on the virtual CD. They haven't been very helpful in solving the problem either.
Joe

So frustrated these thing keep displayed on my freaking screen,It wont allow me to do UNINSTALL and INSTALL a single sh!t on my lappy..was it a malware??

Shounds like he won't even beable to install anything like that with those things comming up all the time, Just repair or reinstall then. Before you do can you take the hard drive out and plug it into another desk top PC? Did you know you can do this if the laptop HDD has SATA Interface, Just hook it up to the pc and scan it..

Last edited:
Try booting in Safe mode with internet and download the anti-malwarebyte ! You should have access to everything from Safe mode, minus all the extra startup programs !

Ok, you might want to try this...

Go to a different computer... download this

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

While still on the other computer, install this onto a flash drive and run all the online updates.

Now head on over to your own computer with this software on the pendrive, boot into safe mode and run the emergency kit.

Do the full scan... it will take a while.

I'm betting it finds at least one trojan dropper and one virus... Of course it will find all kinds of tracking cookies, suspect programs, bad registry keys etc.

Delete whatever suspect content it finds.
Let me know how your machine works after...

(FWIW... after seeing what this can do, I removed all AV software from my computer and now use this exclusively.)

Last edited:
Tater
It sounds like one of the fake antivirus things I got last year. I shutdown immediately and got into safe mode and got it cleaned out. others weren't so lucky it just seemed to eat up programs.
Joe

Tater
It sounds like one of the fake antivirus things I got last year. I shutdown immediately and got into safe mode and got it cleaned out. others weren't so lucky it just seemed to eat up programs.
Joe

Hi Joe... that's why I'm recommending he run the EMISoft Emergency Kit (Previously known as A-Squared). This is an extremely comprehensive scan for malware, trojans, viruses, spyware, adware, cookies and all... If it's in there the emergency kit will find it.

I figured it's a fake message. When a program crashes on Win7 you usually get a very different message than that.

If I had to guess I would say it's malware.
A friend of mine had something similar on his computer a month or so ago.
Killed his internet connection too.

We ran the anti-maleware stuff in Safe Mode from a memory stick that I brought to his house.
It got rid of the Trojan but we still ended up reinstalling Windows XP on his machine.

If none of the stuff suggested up to this point worked then it's time to put in the DVD and see if you can reinstall.

If you can access Windows Explorer copy all your important stuff to some external source.
DVDs, Memory Stick, an external drive. Don't forget address books, favorites, photos, music, etc.

Don't use any of the Software that comes with the external hard drives, just plug it in and copy the stuff to it.

Use your own software to do your backups. I have both Maxor, and LaCie external drives and haven't had problems with either. I never installed the software that came with either of them.

Mike

Back