Windows 7 Activating Post Install

Burn

I installed RC1 and did not input the activation key. The desktop told me that I was running in evaluation mode, which is normal.

I then went in and activated Windows with my key. Activation showed as successful, but my desktop is still telling me that I am in eval mode.

Is there a way to verify the true mode? If I go back into my activation screen, it simply tells me that activation is successful without having to enter the key... because I already have.

So it APPEARS to be good, but the desktop indicates otherwise.

I don't mind reinstalling, but if I am going to have to, I just want to do it now rather than after I get everything installed and configured.

Thoughts?

Its the same with me....but don't worry about it. I thought the RC was an "evaluation" OS anyways. Its like that on both the 64 and 32 bit versions I'm running.

Yeah, I just want to make sure that this thing doesn't expire in 30 days...

That's just the watermark.. Activating Windows 7 doesn't change it.. ;) If it's telling you it's activated than it's good to go and will not expire in 30 days.. :) Did you run Winver? If you did than you should see a March 2010 expiration date.. :)

Back
Top Bottom