Windows 7 AERO DOES NOT WORK WITH MY ATI RADEON XPRESS 200 GRAPHIC CARD WITH WIN 7 32 BIT HELP!

firehot28

Hello people, i have a very big problem.
Aero does not work on my windows 7 and the graphics card i have is an ATI Radeon Xpress 200, it has more than 128mb of memory which fullfills the requirement of Aero but it still does not work. I have no Transparency and the old boring Dull windows
I have also tried to update my drivers with the vista legacy ones but whenever i do that it requires a restart and when i restart windows says that there is some problem with this driver and automatically applies the VGA graphics :(
Help is required,
Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
I have tried this too, whenever i update my graphics windows asks me for a reboot
and when the PC reboots windows puts on the VGA graphics instead of my graphics card
do you think my graphics card is capable of Aero effects?

it says that it cannot install the software because i dont have a proper grafics card, and by the way that software is for notebooks, i have a desktop PC.

driver.png
Kemical, this is what i get, my graphics card is an ATI card and i have both nvidia and AMD drivers installed, i got pretty confused when i saw this, which drivers should i remove?

Just remove the AMD set. I should imagine what's happening is when you install the chipset drivers (which are Nvidia) they contain a copy of the display drivers as well.

kemical, that did not solve my problem as well :(
just to remind you i have an ATI graphics card, so what are the nvidia drivers and other things doing there?
i removed the AMD set and that didnt help, i was still getting the Code 43 and the drivers i installed were still not working. :(

I know for a fact that ATI Radeon Xpress 200 supports Windows Aero. You may loose Windows Aero a few times during use but Windows should recover and continue displaying Windows Aero effects. The periodic loss of Windows Aero pushed me to purchasing a graphics card to replace my on-board ATI Radeon Xpress 200 graphics. You might should consider doing the same and purchase a low budget card for about $40 or so.

ATI Radeon Xpress 200 is not supported in current driver releases. If you want drivers for the ATI Radeon Xpress 200, you will need to download ATI Legacy Drivers. Not only are they Legacy Drivers, they are not designed for Windows 7. However Windows Vista drivers for legacy devices will work just fine under Windows 7. I noticed you have Windows 7 32-bit with ATI Radeon Xpress 200, the Windows Vista 32-bit Legacy Drivers are the ones you need.

AMD has moved a number of DX9 ATI Radeon™ graphics accelerators products to a legacy driver support structure. This change impacts Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Linux distributions. AMD has moved to a legacy software support structure for these graphics accelerator products in an effort to better focus development resources on future products.

The following products have been moved to the legacy software support structure:
etc...
ATI Radeon Xpress Series
etc...

clifford sorry for replying too late, but in case if you have'nt read my previous posts, i have downloaded the vista legacy drivers, and they have been of no use to me, whenever i install those drivers and reboot, windows automatically applies the VGA drivers. Thats the problem.
and says that the error is "code 43".

Try turning off automatic updates. I always have mine set at 'check for updates but let me decide whether to download and install them'. If you have set to auto update then you have no control as to what is put on your machine.

Back