Windows 7 And again ! BSoD one afte the other - really desperating! Please help!

Can you do me a favour? Download a program called Everything. Do a search for those drivers using that, see if it finds them.

"It" found it !
Located at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers....

I just do a Backup of my system and then rename the *.sys-dats to *.bak. Tell you what will happen during next start....

Tnx for the moment
Martin

"It" found it !
Knew it would!!
I'll be honest, as soon as I fresh install, I unload Windows 7 Search and stick in Locate. Another similar to Everything. They both work "out the box" with minimal setting up, whereas with W7 search you need a few lessons to get it to do what its supposed to do, search.

(As we are on page three now, You can call me Kev!!)

Last edited:
Well, Kev :)

I still wait with "jubilee" - but today no BSoD appears.
I got a message "cannot load ASIO.sys (2)" and a message window "ASUS AISuite II cannot be used" - it seems that it misses this ASIO.sys.
I will watch it - and I hope we don't need a 4th page :)

Thanks a lot, I've learned many due to our conversation - most important is to have someone who gives the feeling that it will work...

Till next time?

Best greetings from Germany (where do you work?)

Martin

Best greetings from Germany (where do you work?)
I've worked all over, Ireland. Spain. Egypt. Bulgaria. All over Britain. But never Germany. Perhaps because really I'm a lazy bugger!!

P.S. If you can pilfer (steal) me a 25 window VW Camper, we can call it quits! OK? A split screen Beetle will suffice as well!

Last edited:
Hi Kev again,

I really was afraid that I have to despense with your companie - but no problem, the "Blue" brings us together again.
Don't what else it can be, but very slowly I believe I have to live with it. After being blue short the PC starts up normally and works. It's only - like before - the start-up-process. Another funny thing is, that it's every time a new BCCode - this one I never had before.

But you told me you are a busy, lazy bugger, so - may be - we go on searching and trying and anytime my "Halleluja" will be true :)

Greetings again from a very frosty germany
Martin

edited 02/03 08:10
Today again, 2 times blue start - with BCCode 109. I avoid to make a zip-File again.....

Last edited:
Sorry for the delayed response. You mention a couple of 109 stop errors, yet the zip file contains a single 7E dated
Thu Feb 2 15:16:21.864 2012 (UTC + 0:00).

Can you re-do the zip file and also an up to date set of CPU-z shots?

Also, for now, Can yo remove your Trend Micro Security, following the instructions and tools HERE, and replace with Link Removed due to 404 Error. At least until your BSOD's are resolved.

Last edited:
Well, all done again.
Trend Micro killed, MS Essentials installed, CPU-Z attached, new ZIP-File attached.
Good luck - and never give up :)

Greetings
Martin

By the way:
After the BSoD's I don't start with "reduced windows", I start "normal" - and it works....
till next morning :)

You still here??????

:p :p :p

I'll take a look. XMP up and running by the looks of it. That'll save a lot of hassle (sounds like I know what I'm talking about!).

(Martin thinks, "wish someone else would!")

Last edited:
Ok, the 109 is the "last but one" crash Usual causes:Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular).

The latest is 7E. Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control.

Can you stress your CPU out? (No I don't mean swear at it like it is your partner!!)
CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run the "Blend" and "Small FFTs" tests.

Then I'd like you to run Memtest again now your RAM is set as it should be, to the criteria below. I know it's a pain, but I think it's in there somewhere. In the meantime if a divine thought jumps at me from your dmp files I'll shout.
Memtest86+ iso download.
Guide to using Memtest86+

Elmer, the info log shows some problem components. I notice you did discuss this a few threads ago.

AsIO ROOT\LEGACY_ASIO\0000
AsUpIO ROOT\LEGACY_ASUPIO\0000

Maybe they are audio drivers, but it says they do not have drivers, or some other problem. These might be located in the hidden devices in Device Management. But they should have a yellow triangle.

If it is related to an ASUS system monitor, it appears they have not been yet removed.

Elmer, the info log shows some problem components. I notice you did discuss this a few threads ago.

AsIO ROOT\LEGACY_ASIO\0000
AsUpIO ROOT\LEGACY_ASUPIO\0000

Maybe they are audio drivers, but it says they do not have drivers, or some other problem. These might be located in the hidden devices in Device Management. But they should have a yellow triangle.

If it is related to an ASUS system monitor, it appears they have not been yet removed.

Thanks Saltgrass, I've being trying to get those removed, Made Martin download the Everything search engine to find them, he says he's renamed them but the AISuite complained. When he says he renamed them, I've no doubt he has (you know what some folks can be like!). Do you fancy running through what you've found with him?

Remember, Martin is from Germany so you have to shout!! Otherwise he'll turn round and just ignore you!! (Only joking Martin!!)

Oh, and since page 3 Myself and Martin have been on first name terms. If your identity needs to remain secret, may I suggest the codename Clark??? :D

I am not really sure what to suggest. He Martin admitted he has the ASUS Suite II installed? He has tried to uninstall it?

I would go to the Device Manager. On the top, select the View option and select "show hidden devices."

Next go to the Non-Plug and Play devices and see if the two ASxxx devices are listed. If they are, right click and select uninstall. If it asks if you want to delete all instances of the driver, select yes.

There is probably something starting up that may not be. I can see if something was trying to watch the system performance, that it could be interferring and causing problems.

Have we tried the driver verifier yet?

Have we taken the system down to basics?

It seems you have tested the memory, so may need to look at power supply/power source, CPU, any loose cards or connections...

I will study the thread more tomorrow and look over the attachments to see if anything looks out of place.

Hi, here is the "German" again :)

Read what I'Ve done after reading the last threads:

First tried to "uninstall" the AISuite - not any chance, the process didn't start. So I renamed the former changed ASIO.sys from *.bak back to *.sys and after the new start the de-installation starts up. Result: see the JPG-File.

Further I did the steps described (Saltgrass): using the device manager and uninstalled both hidden ASIO components, first ASIO - then reboot, the ASIO is away.

Then ASUpIO, then reboot and - the ASUpIO is away - the ASIO is here again.......

Tried it 3 times - everytime the same. One is gone, the other comes back....

And no chance to uninstall the AISuite. If I select the components for the uninstall, I get a notice "Installation ended - nothing was selected".

The messages "Access violation....." (1x) and "Can not load asacpi.dll" (5x) appear now after every new start-up, so does the AISuiteII do with only a small part of a window...

I think, now we have a real confusion of status.

And that's all because I'm a poor german boy....... <snief>

Attachments

• Datas_after_AISuite.zip
    952.1 KB · Views: 582
  • Errors_1.jpg
    Errors_1.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 442
  • ASUS_deInstall.jpg
    ASUS_deInstall.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 368
I would try to reinstall the AI suite, then uninstall if problem still exists.

The ASACPI.dll is interesting...I suppose that is part of the ASUS suite which I do not have installed. But anytime I see something related to ACPI, I get a little concerned. During the uninstall are you having problems with just the My Logo and Fan Expert? You are not able to uninstall just one part? Have you tried in Safe Mode?

If you think it might help, I can install the latest version of AI Suite on my system, just tell me exactly which parts you did install.

Hi together,
it's really a full time job and more than a weekend business.
To test this I've installed the AISuite II from(complete, all parts) my DVD again (the DVD coming with my motherboard).
After reboot I got the known messages (asacpi.dll, access violation...). Then I tried to uninstall the AISuite again.
I checked all parts for the uninstallation - but it ignores some. So it's the same status. But there was no BSoD ofter the different re-boots.....
A new problem - not your's ??

AsIO and AsUpIO are here again, now.

And - for the next testing: how do I start the safe mode by my own??

Attachments

• AISuite_Uninstall.jpg
    AISuite_Uninstall.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 406
Last edited:
A lot of things still insist on running with a 2005 version of ASACPI.dll, a well known trouble maker with seven, though I've never seen you showing it. However, on the off chance.....

ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 03:30:36 2005 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. You have two options:
  • You can disable the ATK0110 ACPI Utility in the DeviceManager (under System Devices) with no apparent issues. OR (and if disabling does cause issues)
  • There is an update here: Asus ATK0110 driver. Look under the sub-heading: Utilities. 12th one down.

Driver Install - Manual method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device. In this case System Devices >> ATK0110 ACPI Utility
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the Asacpi.sys driver, right click it and check the dates under its properties. You're looking for a "Modified" date of 2009 or 2010. Occasionally it can be a bit stubborn to change.

I found the ASIO on my system, so it is not causing your problems. I think I did have the Probe II part installed on this system and removed it, but I do not remember for sure. The other one, ASUPIO is not on my system.

I am getting ready to install the Suite II starting with the two items you seem to be having the error with. I will not be installing the version from the CD, since I have seen rumblings about it ramping up the CPU voltage. I will post back when I get any info on how to uninstall your current version. I don't suppose installing a newer version would help...

Edit: Well, the AsUpIo was added when I installed the My Logo function. Both the ASIO and AsUpIo are "services" that can be stopped from the Driver Tab of the properties dialog where you found them in the Device Manger. There is a possibility if you stop them, the uninstall might complete. But there is very little detail about them except they are System designated services.

If you could explain what you think might have made the devices loose their drivers, I will try to duplicate.

Last edited:
OK, I will give you what I have so far. I did not install ALL the utilities, so if there is one that will not uninstall beside Fan Expert and My Logo, let me know. And this is on an x64 machine.

Some of the utilities have tasks in Task Scheduler. You would open the Task Scheduler (Local) - Task Scheduler Library - ASUS. They should be resemble the ones annotated in the attachment, but remember, I did not install them all.

There will be probably a run key located in Regedit at the following location.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

You can see from the attachment where the ASIO and ASUpIO are started, and where the drivers are located. You may need to replace the drivers in those folders to get the uninstall to work. You should be able to get the drivers from the CD or possibly the Suite download if you have tried to install that.

Let me know if more info is required.

Attachments

• Asus Util.GIF
    Asus Util.GIF
    106 KB · Views: 565
Back
Top Bottom