Windows 8 Anyone ever seen this?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

Tonight my wife was shutting down here computer and noticed a little icon in the lower left corner of the window in her email client. Thunderbird.

She asked me to check it out, so I clicked on it and it said, "Do you want to download this content for office use?"

The only options were yes or later.

I said later and it closed but I've never seen this before.

Anyone know what this is?

Mike

I don't use thunderbird....so I can't say. If I had to guess, I'd say it's some sort of Office plugin for syncing....just guessing here. I'd check with Thunderbird about it.

I haven't used Thunderbird too but is there a plug-in settings page on it like web browsers? It should be there waiting to be downloaded.

I do use it and I think I saw that message. I am not certain, but I seem to remember something about social media. There is a Chat tab on the options dialog.

Hi

Thanks guys, I do use Thunderbird and I've never seen it, but I don't use social media stuff like Facebook etc.
I'll check that out.

Mike

I've never used Outlook, for some reason I've always used other clients.
I used Live Mail, but always seem to have issues with it.

I have it installed now but it won't send from my account, I have no idea why because in Thunderbird my account works fine.

But I have no idea what the message that my wife got was about, but if it comes back again I'll do more research.

Mike

Do you have Outlook.com or Windows Live Mail which is part of Windows Essentials?

I have both. The first is my go to email account and the latter is my email client.

If WLM is not working with "File>send>page by email etc." have you checked the control panel for default programs and attended to the top 'Set your default....' and bottom one' set program access' .

Back