Windows 10 Anyone seeing really small control panel icons?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Like this...

Control%20Panel%201_zps0rcvcdrc.jpg

and these are the large icons...

Control%20Panel%202_zpso1x0jfxh.jpg

I've never had control panel look like this.
Large icons used to fill the page.

Maybe this goes along with my feeling that everything looks smaller then normal.

That's why I increased all my type sizes, but these were taken after that was done.

Mike

I have to say, Mike, with two similar computers side by side - 8 and 10, I cannot really see any difference?

On all previous computers that I've had, Large Icons would almost fill the window.
On my computer now the large icons are as small or smaller than the small Icons on previous builds.

I'll see if I can get a shot from another computer to compare.

Maybe this is just my computer?

OK, this is the way it always looked before when set to "Large Icons".
As you can see the page is pretty much filled.

Control%20Panel%203_zpsgjny08jz.png

I've gotten other things to look more their natural size but the icons on my computer are much smaller.

Mike

It is very difficult to compare a visual window, on two different computers and environments. But, looking at mine from every option, my "large icon" view in windows 10, looks exactly like your 8.1 picture.

I wonder, have you been making any adjustments here:

Capture.PNG

Hi Dave

That's still set at 100%, I did change the custom slider (located under advanced setting) to increase things to 120% but that was after I noticed the small control panel items and I don't think they got any bigger.

I'm actually having a lot more odd things happen with this build then I have the earlier ones.

Cortana sometimes talks and sometimes doesn't, Thunderbird keeps freezing unless I wait a while between actions.

And I noticed that all of my screen content seemed a little smaller than before but not as much as the Control Panel.

Now I'm off to bed.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom