Windows 11 Anyone upgrading to Windows 11 have any issues?

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi everyone...

I upgraded my laptop, and it was easy, everything went smoothly, and now I'm thinking of updating my PC as well.
Has anyone who has tried to update run into any problems with the process?

If not, I may update my PC this week after I hear how it went for others, I really do feel that it's an improvement over Windows 10.
I'm going to do the update process instead of a clean install, I just have too much stuff to redo otherwise.

I will make a system image of my computer first, just in case.

Mike

No problems for me.. Upgrade or clean install. Even on incompatible Laptops

I tried to upgrade and it said my CPU wasn't supported and I wouldn't be able to upgrade.

My CPU is I5 6400 at 2.2ghz.

When I search the list of compatible CPU's, mine shows up in the list.

@LGJ it should say download this help finder software... and in fact will go ahead and download it even if you say not to in most senarios

@davehc most people don't notice issues until they try to take back control or turn something off... only to find its been turned back on or redownloaded ;)

Thanks, usnorway. I am very much aware of that. Frankly, I am only using Windows 11 in order to give myself coverage in order to join in the help and discussions.. At the moment, it is unlikely that it will become my main OS, as I cannot see, for me, any advantage.
I must confess that, so far, since it became RTM, I have not experienced any issues. It could, eventually, become a question of "Why not use it - nothing lost":confused:

"Only to find its been turned back on" A rare occurrence, admittedly, but I have had that experience with cumulative updates in Windows 10.

Last edited:
@LGJ it should say download this help finder software... and in fact will go ahead and download it even if you say not to in most senarios

@davehc most people don't notice issues until they try to take back control or turn something off... only to find its been turned back on or redownloaded ;)
It didn't offer to download any software finder or anything else, I will be switching to Apple.

check if you have PC Health Check app installed already

Screenshot (361).png

Yeah I installed PC health check, that's what told my CPU doesn't meet requirements.

Sice my last post. Still no issues. In view of my last post, I mught consider having it as my default Os.. Why Not.
Even on my old incompatible, Laptop, there is a small impovement in Memory handling and performance

Dell Inspiron 3552 with Intel Celeron N3060 CPU will not upgrade to 11. I tried several workarounds and none worked. Wasted hours trying with the same old response, “Sorry Pal, it will not work on your 4-year old POS Dell.” Guess my older laptop will go in the trash someday with Win-10. My new 3510 works great with Windows 11.

You could try a fresh install. The installation may not identify the CPU unit it has finished the nstallation?

I have a couple of non-compatible laptops that do, by using that method of install, but maybe the (not supported" comment is the punchline.. Here is one example of my worst machine:
1669441120392.png

Running windows 11 like a dream.

The MS Office I installed in W11 became a 64-bits version, while the W10 version was 32-bit. Certain MS Access applications, used Visual Basics code and needed conversion.

Reason is simple, when installed windows 11 os is 64bit, so by default MS office will try to 64bit office only on 64bit os.
But you can uninstall existing 64bit office and install 32bit office by using Office Deployment Tool.

Thanks.
For those who use 'home' coded MS-Access apps is it a good point to know, that won't be a great number.
(I converted that code)

Back