Windows 10 Apps hanging until I reboot

Birderbryan

I am sorry if I have previously used the wrong place to put my question.

Most times after I have had the computer switched on and after 30 minutes approx. I click on a app and it just "hangs" with the blue circle going around and around and after a couple of minutes stops. You can click on the app again and it just does the same and the only way you can continue is to shut down and reboot and then it seems to be OK for most of the day. The same thing happens whether you choose to shortcut from the Start Page, or the Desktop or the Task Bar. Can someone please tell me what it is and if they know of anyway to resolve the issue. Thank you.

Hehe, I just found your post.. No problem bud I'll just copy and paste it here:

Hi Bryan,
we don't normally answer questions via pm but as your new I'll make an exception.
Have you tried running an app like Ccleaner?
CCleaner - Download

Also check the files are ok by running s system file scan. Open an admin command prompt and type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Thanks Kemical much appreciated. I have had ccleaner on for ages and do a regular clean through of files and registry but still the problem persist. I am a bit thick on this stuff but how do I reach admin command prompt and then I will do the system file check,

Bryan if you right click on the Start Icon you'll see a menu appear:
sfc.jpg

Many thanks for your kind help.
Yes I can now confirm that I have found and actioned the sfc/scannow and it did the scan and replied "did not find any integrity violations". So obviously I take it the system must be OK.

Back