Windows 10 Are there any benefits of having a windows phone along with a windows pc?

JAKEALEXDUN

I have windows 7 and windows 8.1 computers, i also have an android phone. I have seen that microsoft says tey will be able to make android phones into windows phones for free, and also that the phones will be able to have android apps on them (that was the biggest reason why i dont have a windows phone) but i wanted to see if there was any benefits with changing my phone into a windows phone to be more combatible with my windows pc when i upgrade it to windows 10. Will having windows 10 on all of my devices end out being better? Also what are will i be able to do between them that could help me be more productive with work or university? Will my sony smart watch 2 still work with my phone?

Im just not to sure about the switch over, because the only real benefit i have seen from having a windows phone is the remote desktop app, thats it. Do you guys know anything else that would be helpfull?

Are you inquiring about specifically a Windows phone, or a PC compatible phone?

I don't have one, but I know the iPhone is very limited in what and how it can interact with my system.

The main advantage is compatible file structures… yes you can run an android app (virtually) on your windows system but the file it saves will not open up in the windows at your school without some type of converter. My windows phone can open the Onenote files I email home to myself, then edit/ save and email (or uplink to the cloud) ready to be opened again… this is particularly useful for me because the local schools tend to run seriously outdated operating systems that just don’t lend themselves to being tweaked.

Are you inquiring about specifically a Windows phone, or a PC compatible phone?

I don't have one, but I know the iPhone is very limited in what and how it can interact with my system.

I have a Note 4, i was thinking of instaling windows 10 (the mobile phone version) on it when that comes out so it can be combatible woth my pc wich i will also upgrade to windows 10 when it comes out. im asking about the benefits of having my phone and pc both on windows 10, like being able to use the same universal apps from the store etc

The main advantage is compatible file structures… yes you can run an android app (virtually) on your windows system but the file it saves will not open up in the windows at your school without some type of converter. My windows phone can open the Onenote files I email home to myself, then edit/ save and email (or uplink to the cloud) ready to be opened again… this is particularly useful for me because the local schools tend to run seriously outdated operating systems that just don’t lend themselves to being tweaked.

Yes, i really love it when i have all my devices combatible with each other, so thats why i was asking what are the benefits. Doy uo know if windows 10 will be better than 8 with this sort of stuff?

know if windows 10 will be better than 8 with this sort of stuff?

Too soon to tell yet but the beta (1049) build we are testing now isn't as goods as windows 8 for networking... I assume it will be the same once they get it working.

I am a serious Windows Phone guy.
I have two and sometime later this month I plan on buying my third as soon as my carrier has the 640 XL Lumia available, But.....
When it comes to phones, you should have the phone that you like and you enjoy using.
There are many apps that you may like from the Play Store for an Android that may not be available on a Windows Phone.
AND
I wouldn't count too much on Microsoft, Google and Apple all hug'n it out and singing Kumbaya around the campfire.
They seem to spend more time at each other's throats than working for the benefit of their customers.
So pick and stick with a phone that you are happy with.

Back
Top Bottom