Windows 7 Asus P5VDC-X motherboard

Bikebrains

I have an Asus P5VDC-X motherboard (LGA775). I did a full install of Windows 7 and everything has been working fine except I cannot get the sound to work. I followed all problem resolution suggestions then I went to the Asus website to get the most current downloads. I have not yet tried to install SoundMAX. To my complete horror, Asus does not include my motherboard in the list of motherboards that are supported at the Windows 7 level. Does anyone know if there is a circumvention/solution to this problem other than buying a supported motherboard? Will the XP version of SoundMAX work with Windows 7? Comment: Microsoft's Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor did not mention the unsupported board problem.

Some older boards will not be supported, it just seems to be that way.

But in your case, have you checked for a legacy version of the audio drivers. If you can't find some for Windows 7 maybe try Vista ones.

I think the way Windows 7 works, you would be much happier with a newer motherboard and chip, but it may still work with your current one.

Thanks for the reply. I downloaded the Vista 64 bit audio driver. When I tried to install the driver, Windows 7 said that I had the most current driver installed. In any event, Windows refused to install the driver. So once again I think I am at a dead end. As best as I can determine my options are: buy a new, supported LGA775 board, a new PC or get a Mac.

You need to remove the drive first. Look Programs Andi Features to see of if.it's locate here

If not go to Control Panel < Device Manger an remove them from here now use his tool:

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Now try the install

Back