Windows 10 ASUS X550C Restarted to BIOS, Won’t Boot

JandN2639

Several days ago, I was running the usual Windows Update process overnight on my X550C.

When I returned and tried to unlock the laptop, it froze. I therefore did a forced restart.

The laptop went to a black screen with a couple of options and several tabs. I learned online that this is the BIOS screen.

I created a password, but that did not change anything. Based on directions I found, I tried to disable the top setting in the Security tab and also enable the second setting, but I was only able to change one of them.

I cannot get past the error message I have received ever since. I am not an IT person, and since Illinois is under quarantine, I don't know if I can get help anywhere.

I need my laptop. Does anyone have suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cannot access anything. I am stuck on an error message requesting that I enter a key.

Can someone please help me? I need my laptop. Thank you for all help, including where to take it if there is no other option.

Take out your phone and make a quick image of this error message...we need details if you want help mate

Making a password for the bios wasn't needed but the damage is done now and what exactly is the two security settings you changed

Sent from my SP9 using Windows Forums mobile app

ussnorway, the screenshot shows the message.

I believe one setting I was supposed to change was a proxy setting. Unfortunately, I can't find the video I used. There were two very similar settings on the same BIOS tab, and I could only change one.

6077b6c1d43f746e9979932fa2e5daea.jpg

I once got this message when the battery on the motherboard was flat and the stored bootdevice was lost and become invalid.

I would try going into bios bootmenue and check whether the boot device is the correct one, or perhaps use F9 Optimized Defaults

bochane, I am not able to do anything. My laptop is stuck at the error message I posted.

The laptop went to a black screen with a couple of options and several tabs. I learned online that this is the BIOS screen.
Can you get into this screen again? This is where you can find the settings I was talking about.

Here are screenshots of each of the 5 tabs. You will probably need to zoom in on all of them.

Which settings do I need to change? I would also like to remove the password I entered.

Please keep in mind that I am not an IT person!

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Adjustments.jpg

Pushing F9 yields a dialog box, Open Optimized Defaults? I don't know which option to choose--yes or no.

You should enter Yes, and than save them by F10.

But be carefull, I don't recognize every option I see on your sreenshots
Anybody else?

The circled area is the section I attempted to change. At this point, I don't remember the details.

I have messaged ussnorway.

Back