ASUS X556U-XX606D graphic resolution

Agent48

I bought this laptop with the following specs listed on both the packaging and Asus website
  • Display Size: 15.6″
  • Display Type: HD LED-backlight
  • Resolution:1920 x 1080 (HD)
  • ASUS Splendid Technology
The maximum resolution am getting in the setting is 1366×768. The drivers are updated. What might be the issue

The maximum resolution am getting in the setting is 1366×768. The drivers are updated. What might be the issue
If the drivers are indeed the latest then try an older driver and see if it makes any difference.
Another thing that you could do, just for testing, is to run a Linux live DVD/USB such as Manjaro, Mint or Ubuntu. You can see then if higher screen resolutions are available or the same as in Windows.

You must have the model that does 51.6" 16:9 HD (1366x768) as there a couple of version of that model.

I suggest you get the drivers from ASUS, even if they are older. I have seen issues with more recent drivers caused by odd or out of spec hardware not supported by official drivers. Annoying, yes. Installing drivers from manufacturers, especially on laptops, can fix this type of problem.

BTW the spec page for this at ASUS oddly lists both resolutions under display. I have no idea why.

Back