Windows 7 Audigy 2 - problem with sound

Victek

I can configure my speakers in the control panel to 5.1 and they all work properly when tested, however when I play music in media player or winamp I only get 2.1 sound. There doesn't appear to be an option in media player preferences to configure speakers. Seems weird that the settings are not carrying over from the control panel. Any thoughts about this?

i have the same problem as you. i have an audigy 2zs with a 5.1 setup. i managed to get 4 speakers to work out of 5. i had to set my speakers to stereo 2x instead of 6 channel direct sound. i purchased an optical cable to see if that will solve the issue. still waiting for it to arrive.

i have the same problem as you. i have an audigy 2zs with a 5.1 setup. i managed to get 4 speakers to work out of 5. i had to set my speakers to stereo 2x instead of 6 channel direct sound. i purchased an optical cable to see if that will solve the issue. still waiting for it to arrive.

So, you were able to get four speakers working by selecting 2.1 in the control panel? I'll have to experiment to see if this makes a difference for me. I recently upgraded the driver to the latest (Vista) version, but it didn't affect the problem.

i went ahead to creative's website and downloaded the latest beta audigy 2 driver and ran the driver in vista compatibility mode.

Last edited:
i installed it but i dont think it made much of a difference. i still cant get 5.1 output. sure it unlocks cmss2 and surrond stereo option, but it doesnt do anything. i havent noticed any crackling in sound today tho, but i want to get my 5.1 sound to work.

Back