Windows 7 Audio and video out of sync in wmp and mc

supersimen

When I use wmp or media center, the video is shown slightly earlier than the sound. Probably around half a second.
Its nothing wrong with the files, they play perfectly in vlc. This goes for all .avi files, whether its backed up movies, or tv shows.

You might say that this is not really a problem and just another reason to stop using wmp. But I really like Media Center. I often connect my pc to my flatscreen tv and it is incredibly annoying to watch movies out of sync.

I use windows 7, x64. I have 4 gigs ram. 2 gHz dual core intel centrino 2. 9600m 512mb nvidia graphics card. Its an acer notebook, 5930g.

I have tried another pc, with windows 7 x86, and it has the same problem. I've tried to change decoders, including Nvidia purevideo, and codecpacks.

I have also tried to tick the performance settings in wmp, drop frames to keep in sync, and smooth video. This works perfectly till open a new file, or start over, or skip in time. And I mean just changing them works, does not matter if I set them on or of, the change it self works until i stop, or just pause.

This is incredibly annoying, and I hope there is someone who has similar problems and have a solution.

I having the exact same issue, has anybody found a solution for this? audio and video sync off when using media center but fine using any other video player. I have media browser and one reason why i use media center 7.

Solution, kinda...

I've given up trying to fix this.

The problem is stil there, but I've figuered out how to Use AC3Filter in Media Center And there you can set audio lag and such. But now I'm simply using media player classic as my video player through external media players in media browser. Works perfectly.

Back