Windows 10 Audio not working after Windows 10 upgrade

ryann16

Immediately after i upgraded to 10, no audio in coming through speakers or even headphones. I don't know how to fix it, so can someone help?

Go to Search -> devmgmt.msc

Device Manager will open.

Under Sound, video, and game controllers do you see anything with a yellow exclamation point? It is possible your sound drivers have been rejected through the update process.

im having the same trouble, and its annoying. I dont see any yellow sing there, the only thing it says is "high definition audio device" and "high definition audio CODEC" so whats the next step? can anybody tell us how to fix this? cant hear anything

Fix No Sound issue in Windows 10
Step 1:
Right-click the sound icon in the taskbar located at the bottom right of the screen and select Playback Devices from the ensuing context menu.
Step 2: Select the current playback device in use and by default it should be the speakers. Double-click on it to open its properties window.
Step 3: Got to Advanced section and change the bit rate to either of the following - 24bit/44100 Hz or 24bit/192000Hz - depending on the speaker configuration.
If the issue is still unresolved, you can try another method for restoring sound:
Step 1:
Launch Start Menu, search for Device Manager and then launch it.
Step 2: Expand Sound & audio devices.
Step 3: Right-click on the current sound driver and choose uninstall.
Step 4: Finally, click on Scan for hardware changes and the updated driver will be automatically installed.
If the sound is still not working, then try downloading and installing the latest sound card drivers for Windows 10 from the manufacturer's website.

i tried all and nope, not working. What i cant do is download the card drivers, i dont know why. Its weird because i could set the earphones to work , but nothing else. And is not a good sound at all. I dont know what else to do , and im really bad with computers:(

i tried all and nope, not working. What i cant do is download the card drivers, i dont know why. Its weird because i could set the earphones to work , but nothing else. And is not a good sound at all. I dont know what else to do , and im really bad with computers:(
Gaby can you post the make and model of your device/computer/Sound card please.

My audio drivers are regularly crashing
Asus g75vw from 2012 with 12 gig of ram
:(
I have to disable and reenable regularly for it to work

Hi,
have you tried updating your audio drivers especially if you were running win 7 previously?
I found some audio drivers under the windows 8 section of your machines support page:
G75VW - Support

Hi

I had sound issues starting with Windows 8.1 and they continued in Windows 10.
Same things that everyone here is describing.

My friend just updated to Windows 10 and he's seeing the same problems.
I put a shortcut on his desktop to run his driver install program and he has to do it practically every day.

if you do have drivers for your card install them and and select remove current drivers if it gives you the option.

Next open device manager and don't just uninstall the driver, right click on the device and select uninstall then reboot.
Let Windows reinstall hopefully with the driver you just installed not the Windows one.

That may help, but I had to stop using my Sound Blaster card and switch to my on board sound to get a permanent fix.

I don't know why people are having these problems but there seems to be a real issue with the sound drivers that Windows 10 is installing and a lot of sound cards.

Even if that works, you will probably have to repeat the process every time Windows has a major update.
That's why I finally gave up on my SB card.

Mike

My laptop actually came with the free Windows 8 upgrade, but I wasn't the biggest fan of the interface of Windows 8 so I didn't install the free upgrade. I did have the latest of all of Asus drivers, so I'm not sure if that Windows 8 Asus audio drivers driver will work, but I'll give it a ago.

Mike, in Device Manager the other day I rolled back to some older audio drivers which somebody suggested to do.
I had to use an older version of iTunes for it to recognize my devices, so it seems a common theme to need older drivers and not new ones, because the companies aren't making drivers to support Windows 10 yet ;/

I just tried installing the Windows 8 audio drivers and got an error box "Failed, No Any HDAudio Device is Found"
That doesn't even make grammatical sense.
Not sure if I'm clicking on the right APP within the zip folder though...

Audio_VIA_Win8_Ver60101400
there's a setup file, when I click on it it opens CMD.Exe though, and says (see attached)

FAILED

Attachments

• Site not listed006.png
    Site not listed006.png
    126.8 KB · Views: 306
  • Site not listed007.png
    Site not listed007.png
    323.4 KB · Views: 266
  • Site not listed008.png
    Site not listed008.png
    270 KB · Views: 376
Ok finished restarting and no improvement.
So basically if I want to put headphones in, when I click 'test' on playback devices, I will hear sound out of either the headphones when I test them, or the speakers when I test them.

However if I go to a site with sound, like youtube, pandora, etc
and am playing something out of the speaker

so right now playing a youtube video out of the speaker
In the past, if I plugged headphones or anything into the front jack, the front jack item would automatically take over.
So far with this Windows 10 issue, I would have to go into playback in sound options, and disable speakers, and enable headphones alone for sound to come through. So you can imagine how this slows a process down

Right now I will plug the headphones in, and tell you what happens
- it cuts off the sound from the speakers
but the sound does not come out of the headphones
If I click again on 'test' in playback sound panel, I will hear the test tone in the headphones but not out of the browser or any other program

When I look at the device driver under 'events' in the sound playback panel, it has a comment that further installation is required. I will attach a screenshot for you.

Attachments

• Site not listed012.png
    Site not listed012.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 363
  • Site not listed013.png
    Site not listed013.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 302
  • Site not listed014.png
    Site not listed014.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 394
  • Site not listed015.png
    Site not listed015.png