Back Up Omissions

Joe27

Honorable Member
Hi,

I have Windows 10 weekly automatic backup on to a USB stick and after each event I get the following notification:

Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Contacts. Error
16x16_smiley-sad.gif
STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))
Backup encountered a problem while backing up file C:\Users\defaultuser0\Searches. Error
16x16_smiley-sad.gif
STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80

Does this matter? I use back up to retain a copy of my documents and it looks as though that is working.

Thanks.

The defaultuser0 user is actually a bug. You can ignore the errors or remove the account.

Thanks. That's interesting. Does "remove the account" mean get rid of the bug or remove the back up programme?

And are you able to tell what kind of bug it is from that information and is it likely to be affecting anything else? Thanks

'Remove the account' means delete the account from Users and Groups. The bug is the account gets created on a Windows 10 install or upgrade. Leaving the account won't impact your system at all. It's something Microsoft will have to fix, although since it doesn't really affect anything it's probably a low priority.

Back