Windows 8 Battery level notification is not working properly.

jenson012

I have a 3 year old core 2 duo based laptop by Lenovo. windows 8.1 works perfectly well in the 4 GB ram system. The only issue i am facing is about the battery notification. Whenever I charges the laptop, it shows charging but the level doesn't seem to change even after charging for hours. I connect the laptop to my Staticon inverter, which I am doing for past couple of years. The laptop still has a backup of about 1 hour although the level shows battery level is low. I am not sure if it is a bug in windows 8.1 or a battery issue. Can someone help me how to rectify this issue?

Considering how cheap batteries usually are for laptops, perhaps replacing the battery would be a good first step. Some BIOS's can guestimate your battery condition, but they don't tend to do it very well. Also check your power management settings and make sure it's set to Balanced or Power Savings and not High Performance.

Thank you for the reply.. As I said I am getting about 1 hour of battery backup and I am not expecting more as battery is as old as the laptop, which is 3 years. I am a little annoyed with the battery level showing very low battery even during charging and 1 hour backup remains. As I am aware of the battery condition, I almost always use laptop on power saving mode while on battery.

Do you have the energy management system application on the computer? I downloaded it off the Lenovo website and use it to calibrate and maintain my battery on my Lenovo laptop. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW

Laptop batteries that come on Lenovo's and most Chinese-made laptops are poor quality at best.:down: They should absolutely be replaced after no more than 2 years; I had to replace the one in my Sony after only a year, but it took me a couple of years to find a good quality one as the replacement battery I got was even cheaper than the factory battery and it died within a few months.:shocked: I recommend you spend a little more money on a high-quality battery which you can get from these guys here: Gateway NV49C NV53A NV59C NE56 Laptop Computer Battery AS10D AS10D31 AS10D3E AS10D41 AS10D51 AS10D61 AS10D71 BT.00603.111 BT.00604.049 BT.00606.008 BT.00607.1.
If you get a battery from these guys it will last and hold a good long charge. If it doesn't and your problem persists, you should then replace your AC charger. And if that doesn't fix it, the charging circuit on your Motherboard is borked and that means a Motherboard replacement very expensive from $175-$1500.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back