Beware: Do Not Install

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by Kyle, Jan 20, 2009.

1. xhermesx

xhermesx Senior Member

Works fine with windows 7 x 64 Ultimate (including windows update):
    Daemon Tools Lite v 1.62
    Norton 360
    Perfectdisk 10
    Tuneup Utilities 2010
    Nero 9
    Logitech QuickCamPro 9000 software (webcam)
    BiTorrent 6.3
    Picassa 3

2. pweegar

pweegar New Member

Try VirtualCloneDrive from Elaborate Bytes. It works well, at least on my Windows 7 X64 ultimate pc.

3. Lagkiller

Lagkiller New Member

I've personally been using Daemon Tools for a while, and i found NO problems whatsoever. Both OS and Daemon tools work like a charm. (I'm using RTM Windows 7 x64 Ultimate).

When I installed daemon tools it did give me a warning about the software not being supported, but i just ignored it and it worked fine. :D

4. Erica

Erica New Member

Oh, I used G-Data Antivirus 2009 once but uninstalled it soon. Thanks for the list!

5. MrZoozi

MrZoozi New Member

Are You Sure??
    Because i installed Photoshop CS4 on my dell inspiron OS"Windows 7 Home Premium" and now i cant donwload Windows Live messenger and i cannot even update anything....I cant install anything with windows installer.....i will be waiting for ur reply

btw am a 64-bit user

6. Highwayman

Highwayman Extraordinary Member

I've had zero issues with the CS4 suite

7. bobafett

bobafett New Member

I've got Daemon Tools and Adobe Photoshop and I haven't had any problems. Granted, I use the sidebar gadget for Daemon tools. I haven't had a single issue.

8. DrWattsOn

DrWattsOn Senior Member

to add my own 1.5 cents U$D: (this is a thumbs-up-it works for me)
    I recently purchased an Acer Aspire R3610 with W7x64 pre-installed on the 2GB machine (brilliant--NOT). Immediately after boot, performed uninstall on McAffee pre-installed. Then went into Registry and deleted every HKey referencing McAffee except if HKey ref's other functions, then deleted the Data/Value entries re: McAfee (however they spell it, I spell it troublesome like Symantic/Norton, and I give it 3 f's McAfffee). Then went online directly (Start/Run: ESET - Antivirus Software with Spyware and Malware Protection, and dl'd/installed their trial version (the Suite) for W7x64. No problems detected with OS or the many 32 bit apps on this stupid machine. Hope this is useful. Try it you'll like it. Unabashed 'fanboy' of only this piece of software, and not an employee of ESET (currently arguing with them on other issues, in fact). Why doesn't the world just do as I say?? Really!
    DrWattsOn

9. birdman

birdman New Member

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit on a HP CQ40 133AX. I had to reinstall Kaspersky to use a specific version (as instructed by Kaspersky's website); If you check Kaspersky's site there's a note in the download page that says: Please Note! Only versions 9.0.0.736 (Critical Fix 2) and higher are compatible with Windows 7. (Product Updates and Documentation: Kaspersky Internet Security). I experienced problems with updating my AV's database plus frequent crashes.

For image mounting I've been using UltraISO and I never had problems even with the current OS :)

I also had no problem with Photoshop CS4.