Windows 7 Beware: Do Not Install

Works fine with windows 7 x 64 Ultimate (including windows update):
Daemon Tools Lite v 1.62
Norton 360
Perfectdisk 10
Tuneup Utilities 2010
Nero 9
Logitech QuickCamPro 9000 software (webcam)
BiTorrent 6.3
Picassa 3

I've personally been using Daemon Tools for a while, and i found NO problems whatsoever. Both OS and Daemon tools work like a charm. (I'm using RTM Windows 7 x64 Ultimate).

When I installed daemon tools it did give me a warning about the software not being supported, but i just ignored it and it worked fine. :D

A list of programs that will cripple, in one way or another, your Windows 7 system.

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Standalone (Kills Windows Update)
Daemon Tools (causes hard errors, possibly making the OS unusable)
G-Data Antivirus 2009 (Causes irreparable system crash)
MagicDisk (Can cause both hard and soft errors, conflicts with OS resources)

Please post more OS-Killers below and I will add them to the list if I can find information to support your claims.
Are You Sure??
Because i installed Photoshop CS4 on my dell inspiron OS"Windows 7 Home Premium" and now i cant donwload Windows Live messenger and i cannot even update anything....I cant install anything with windows installer.....i will be waiting for ur reply

btw am a 64-bit user

I've got Daemon Tools and Adobe Photoshop and I haven't had any problems. Granted, I use the sidebar gadget for Daemon tools. I haven't had a single issue.

to add my own 1.5 cents U$D: (this is a thumbs-up-it works for me)
I recently purchased an Acer Aspire R3610 with W7x64 pre-installed on the 2GB machine (brilliant--NOT). Immediately after boot, performed uninstall on McAffee pre-installed. Then went into Registry and deleted every HKey referencing McAffee except if HKey ref's other functions, then deleted the Data/Value entries re: McAfee (however they spell it, I spell it troublesome like Symantic/Norton, and I give it 3 f's McAfffee). Then went online directly (Start/Run: ESET - Antivirus Software with Spyware and Malware Protection, and dl'd/installed their trial version (the Suite) for W7x64. No problems detected with OS or the many 32 bit apps on this stupid machine. Hope this is useful. Try it you'll like it. Unabashed 'fanboy' of only this piece of software, and not an employee of ESET (currently arguing with them on other issues, in fact). Why doesn't the world just do as I say?? Really!
DrWattsOn

I'm running Windows 7 32 bit on a HP CQ40 133AX. I had to reinstall Kaspersky to use a specific version (as instructed by Kaspersky's website); If you check Kaspersky's site there's a note in the download page that says: Please Note! Only versions 9.0.0.736 (Critical Fix 2) and higher are compatible with Windows 7. (Product Updates and Documentation: Kaspersky Internet Security). I experienced problems with updating my AV's database plus frequent crashes.

For image mounting I've been using UltraISO and I never had problems even with the current OS :)

I also had no problem with Photoshop CS4.

Back