Windows Vista Big problems installing Vista

NovaKnight

My previous O/S (Windows XP Pro) which I having for been running about 5 or 6 years started to crash on me. The XP Pro disk was also scratched up to use and all to store was Vista and the Home Basic 32 bit version was the one I thought my PC could handle. The Problem is every time I put the disk in it gets up to the point were it ask me to hit any key if I want to load from the disk, but after I hit a key the Screen goes black and nothing. I checked the Vista disk on my laptop and it works fine. I checked my Bios to make sure it would booting from my DVD drive, switched my Hard Drive (and put it back), I made sure everything was hooked (I had just put a new stick of RAM in) and I also tried to load from XP it worked but had to restart which to the above problem again. I found no reason it shouldn't be working. Any help would be most appreciated.

Motherboard: ASUS P5S800
Processor: P4 2.8GHz
RAM: 1GB PC2700
Hard Drive: IDE 120GB
Video Card: Geforce FX 5600 (256 MB)
DVD-R Drive

Hi! I need some error codes please, something like 0X0190036. You have a total of 2 gb RAM? You said you added 1 Stick. What exactly can you do? Boot to safe mode, start-up repair? Anything running with your computer? Printer etc....

Hi! I need some error codes please, something like 0X0190036. You have a total of 2 gb RAM? You said you added 1 Stick. What exactly can you do? Boot to safe mode, start-up repair? Anything running with your computer? Printer etc....

Originally I tried to repair XP but my disk was too damaged to run, So from XP I ran Vista setup. Meaning all of XP was moved to a file named Windows.old before it restarted to “finish installationâ€Â￾ but for what ever reason I'm unable to get the Vista disk load after POST.(which leads to the blank screen as mentioned above) There was no error code but I also noticed were it says to hit any key to load from the disk, a message appears saying just above saying No emulation. And I took out the old stick of RAM 512MB (PC 3200) and put in the 1GB (PC 2700) as it's replacement. (I was plaining on getting one more 1GB stick after I paid again)

How old is the laptop?

My Laptop couple years old, it needs to goes for repairs (damaged USB port and DVD Driver, I'm using a External DVD Drive) I trying to get my PC working again so I send my laptop out.

Edit: Sorry didn't mean to double post.

I'm just wondering if your machine is a little old for vista? It's either that or there is something wrong with the disk.

check this link as it contains the vista system advisor, which if you could get to run will tell you if the machine will run vista or not:
Get Windows Vista: System requirements

I checked it before buying Vista, in fact my It meets all the requirements for Vista Home Basic 32-Bit and the Disk worked on my Laptop and at time when still get the XP to boot my (just test to see if the disk would work didn't install Vista on it) I've been kind worried it has something to do with my BIO which I've never updated since I built my PC and I have to wait till I get some Floppies so I can try.

Motherboard: Asus P4S800
Processor: P4 2.8GHz
RAM: 1GB PC2700
Hard Drive: IDE 120GB
Video Card: Geforce FX 5600 (256 MB)
DVD-R Drive

Home Basic Requirements

1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor
512 MB of system memory
20 GB hard drive with at least 15 GB of available space
Support for DirectX 9 graphics and 32 MB of graphics memory
DVD-ROM drive
Edit: Thank you all but the only thing that was wrong was the fact that was using a USB Keyboard I switched to a PS/2 Keyboard problem solved.

I think you are on the right track if you concentrate on updating the BIOS. There is most likely to be an update that needs to be done before your installation. There is BIOS update information at:

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Make sure you understand what you are doing before attempting an update.

Back