Windows 8 Black Screen after Windows Logo at start up.

DWreck

So I just got a new GPU, an AMD HD 7750. I have spoken to the XFX (The Vendor) about the issue and they think (After troubleshooting there ideas) that Windows could be the problem. I have also spoken with ASUS about my Motherboard being the issue and, because they insisted, I'm going to RMA my Motherboard. I don't think the Motherboard is the problem, though BIOS could be, so while I wait I'd like to ask you guys for some tips just in case I'm right and the problems continue. I've been on Google for the past few days not and it looks like this has happened to a good amount of people since 2007. Though, none of the very few solutions have helped. PC info can be found through my Profile, any info that's not located there I can get for you, just ask.

The weird part: Everything works fine if I use the default Windows Drivers, but as soon as I install the latest Drivers (13.4), that's when the issue starts. Right now I'm using the default Drivers so I can see my screen.

I'd also like to add that this happens with any GPU I install. It also works with a 5:4 with the Drivers, but I use a 16:9. I have tried 2 that work in other PC's, and 1 that's new (Mine).

Thanks, Derek R.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Derek,

If this happens with every GPU then it can only be one or two suspects. Either the PSU isn't good enough or the moBo has issues. Has this happened since you first bought the moBo or did the issue just start? I guess you could try updating the bios but also some monitors need a firmware or driver update. It may be worth you checking on this or post the make and model and I'll check for you.

Hi Derek,

If this happens with every GPU then it can only be one or two suspects. Either the PSU isn't good enough or the moBo has issues. Has this happened since you first bought the moBo or did the issue just start? I guess you could try updating the bios but also some monitors need a firmware or driver update. It may be worth you checking on this or post the make and model and I'll check for you.
Power supply should be fine, 750W 80+ Gold with an AMD HD 7750 that runs on PCI-E Power. Until now I used the HD 4000 Graphics from my i7-3770k, I tested other GPU's that I know work and the problem still happens. I'm kinda hoping it is the motherboard so I don't run in to an unexplained problem, but I doubt it just because it happens to so many people. The BIOS is the latest for the motherboard, as for the monitor, Windows Update got that one. Though, the fact that it works on 5:4 monitors is strange. But I just tested it again, and it only works on 5:4 monitors that are Analog (VGA/RGB) but not 5:4 monitors that are Digital (DVI/HDMI/Display Port).

I wonder if the HD 4000 graphics are conflicting with the card somehow. I've heard that users running these apu's can have issues with the onboard gpu messing with the gpu card. Have you tried configuring the system to disable the HD 4000 gpu?

I wonder if the HD 4000 graphics are conflicting with the card somehow. I've heard that users running these apu's can have issues with the onboard gpu messing with the gpu card. Have you tried configuring the system to disable the HD 4000 gpu?
I went into the BIOS and disabled the iGPU from the start. I never liked "Auto" settings for anything.

Back
Top Bottom