Windows 8 Black screen when trying to recover laptop

Huuuge

Hey all,

I'm quite new to this forum but I hope you guys can help me out..
I am trying to recover my HP pavilion g6 i5 by using HP Recovery Management and trying to get my windows to factory settings (this guide: Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 8) | HP® Support)
When i click at the option "Windows recovery environment" -> "next" it shows the HP loading screen. After a couple of seconds the loading screen is gone and my screen turns black with only my cursor appearing..
I tried getting my windows to factory settings in different ways ("press esc -> F11" at startup and "settings -> pc settings -> general -> *different options*"), but all options has the black screen as result..

I'm not using any recovery disk because i don't have one, but i do have a RECOVERY(D:) which works aswell, right?

I hope anyone can help me out :)

Hi Huuuge and welcome to the forum.. :)

I followed the link you posted above and found this:

[h=3]Recovery when Windows 8 does not start correctly[/h]

If Windows 8 does not open correctly, perform the following steps to recover the computer:
note.png

NOTE:If the recovery partition on the hard disk drive is not functioning correctly, this method does not work and an error message appears. If an error message indicates that System Recovery cannot be run from the startup screen, a set of recovery discs or a recovery USB flash drive is needed to perform a system recovery. Follow the instructions listed in one of the following sections, depending on the recovery media available: Starting the recovery from recovery discs orStarting the recovery from a USB flash drive .

Have you contacted HP for a recovery or a install DVD? Sometimes you get the disks free so it's worth enquiring.

Hi Huuuge and welcome to the forum.. :)

I followed the link you posted above and found this:

Have you contacted HP for a recovery or a install DVD? Sometimes you get the disks free so it's worth enquiring.

Thanks voor your Reply! I choosed to follow the steps when windows 8 is not starting correctly. Unfortunately nothing pops up when pressing f11 at the start and my screen goes black right after the HP loading picyure.
I have no idea whats the problem, since I have a brand new laptop (3 months?) And a fully updated BIOS

I didn't contact HP about a recovery CD yet, but I think I will do that. Isn't there a way to download that software and burn the CD by myself? Or make a start up USB?

If your machine is still under warranty I'd give HP a ring and see if they will send you the disks. If your not under warranty then post back but I'd hate to break your warranty or something like that..

If your machine is still under warranty I'd give HP a ring and see if they will send you the disks. If your not under warranty then post back but I'd hate to break your warranty or something like that..

Well, i just wanted to re-install my pc because it's getting full of trash but it seems harder as i thought.. :S

When you tried before with the downloaded disk, did you actually boot from the disk itself? You'll need to enter the bios and change the boot order so that CD/DVD is first. Try that and if all else fails give HP a call for those disks at least.

A couple of questions, I suppose.. Have you modified your partition structure on the hard drive?

Are you aware of the need to boot to the UEFI version of any Install or Recovery Media?

When you look at the Boot Device Menu, what options do you show?

A black screen with a blinking cursor in the Upper Left corner usually means the boot is not being directed to the correct location for booting, so it goes to Never Never Land.

Hi , all.
I have a same problem after
i click at the option "Windows recovery environment" -> "next" it shows the HP loading screen. After a couple of seconds the loading screen is gone and my screen turns black with only my cursor appearing
Can't ever go in Bios , F9 or Recovery F11.

I hope anyone can help me out ...

Back