Windows 10 Blue screen after every full night shutdown.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {ffffd000aa4a0d49, 0, fffff801e7eb6dca, 0}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
Hi Bawb,
this bsod occurred when Defender was running and indeed bugcheck 50 can be caused by AV apps. If you check your dxdiag you'll find lot's of telemetry errors to do with Defender. Also this driver:

MpKsld41914c2.sys Wed May 20 02:50:37 2015: Apparently this is a dynamic update driver for MSE, each time MSE updates the name of the driver changes slightly. Usually once MSE has finished with them they are deleted and normally they cannot be seen so something unknown is happening to trap them in the dump file. I'm not sure why this is on your system as Windows 10 is incompatible with MSE.

Have you tried to install MSE at any point?

Did you use MSE when you ran windows 7?

Please update these drivers:

HECIx64.sys Mon Dec 17 19:32:21 2012: Intel engine management driver. You'll find this under 'Utilitites'
H87M-PLUS - Support

Update your chipset drivers too. These are found under 'Chipset':
H87M-PLUS - Support

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 20 11:10:14 2012: Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
H87M-PLUS - Support

LGPBTDD.sys Wed Jul 01 19:47:52 2009: Logitech GamePanel Software. This is a little old for win 10. Please update if possible:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

Your using a Broadcom NetXtreme ll connection with a 2013 device driver. Please try and update:
https://www.broadcom.com/application/ethernet_nic.php#determine_driver

Ok see how you go on with those changes for now. Please let me know about those questions regarding MSE.. Thanks.. :)

Post any new dump files.

I have little to no knowledge about MSE so if I did run it i didnt know about it. Ill try updating the drivers.

Hi Sorry for butting in, but MSE is very hard to remove on W10 and every thing I read says roll back and uninstall MSE and then install W10!
You could try this. IMHO MSE is causing your BSODs;)@kemical :worship:
If Security Essentials is still installed and running on the machine - please execute the following command from an elevated command prompt (Search > cmd.exe > (Right-Click) > 'Run as Administrator')

MsiExec.exe /X{75812722-F85F-4E5B-BEAF-3B7DA97A40D5}

A dialog box will prompt you to continue.

This will start the uninstall and automatically enable Windows Defender.

I have little to no knowledge about MSE so if I did run it i didn't know about it. Ill try updating the drivers.
Does it help any if I call it Microsoft security essentials?

It's puzzling that these drivers are on the system. If you had tried to install MSE with Windows 10 installed it would have or should have refused saying it's incompatible.
Another way they could possibly be on the system is that MSE was installed when you were using Windows 7 and you upgraded to Windows 10 which should normally see MSE replaced with Defender although in some cases MSE drivers are left behind. The trouble is with this theory is that you have said that you did a clean install which would have wiped the drive clean.
There's a slight chance it might be malware so run a quick scan of malwarebytes.
May I ask are you absolutely sure that you booted from the Windows 10 disk/USB and did a clean install wiping the drive clean in the process?

Last edited:
My thinking is that this is a MS bug and only affects very few PCs. The upgrade should have removed MSE and replaced it with Windows Defender. It appears that didn't happen. I also would think a clean install should have left the drive clean. If you are seeing left overs from MSE, after a clean install we have a problem.
I looks to me like that may be the case here. I'll bow out now and go back to observing.
You are doing a great job @kemical and you are appreciated.:up:

I'd rather see what Bawb say's before committing to it's either this or that. Dump files are notorious for red herrings..

Hi Bawb,
Something else I meant to ask earlier is what speed did you burn the Windows install disk?

Did you verify the files after burning? What condition is the disk in, good or bad?

Apologies for all the questions but it does help.

Hi Bawb,
Something else I meant to ask earlier is what speed did you burn the Windows install disk?

Did you verify the files after burning? What condition is the disk in, good or bad?

Apologies for all the questions but it does help.
alright so
every time I did I install of windows I did it from a windows 7 disk. I purchased the disk with my first build. the disk is in perfect shape.

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 so thats why it might still be there. I didnt really verify the files everything seemed fine.

And no I have no clue about MSE. For a while I had Norton AV and then i just switched to Avast which ive removed now.

Even if it wasnt a clean install the OS drive has changed and I did not copy the OS from the old drive to the ssd I did a clean install on the ssd.

I used the windows 7 disk then to 10. Guess its not completely clean but yea

I had a sneaking feeling that a proper clean install had not been performed which is why I kept asking you about it. Anyway this is real progress of sorts as we now know why it's possibly occurring (the bsod that is).
Ok so Bawb you will need to download and burn to either disk or USB the Windows 10 iso. You will then be able to boot from the actual Windows 10 disk and wipe the drive clean.
Windows 10
Do not worry about activation. When you get an activation screen simply click skip as Windows 10 will be activated automatically once your online.

Bawb, just a word to the wise. Download your drivers first and store them somewhere safe until you need them. This is just in case your network isn't working until you install the driver. (my board is like this and won't connect until I install the network driver)
H87M-PLUS - Support

Support & Drivers

Best of luck! Any problems please post back

I had a sneaking feeling that a proper clean install had not been performed which is why I kept asking you about it. Anyway this is real progress of sorts as we now know why it's possibly occurring (the bsod that is).
Ok so Bawb you will need to download and burn to either disk or USB the Windows 10 iso. You will then be able to boot from the actual Windows 10 disk and wipe the drive clean.
Windows 10
Do not worry about activation. When you get an activation screen simply click skip as Windows 10 will be activated automatically once your online.

Bawb, just a word to the wise. Download your drivers first and store them somewhere safe until you need them. This is just in case your network isn't working until you install the driver. (my board is like this and won't connect until I install the network driver)
H87M-PLUS - Support

Support & Drivers

Best of luck! Any problems please post back
That might actually work. Cause the disk has not changed as well. Its always been the same windows 7 disk. damn. Alright ill try that.

I'm connected via Ethernet cable wouldn't that work even with old drivers?

Hey Bawb! I'm going to seek a little reply in on your thread. The reason @kemical suggests the network driver is because you can always get the other drivers if you can connect to the internet. If you can't connect to the internet, it makes it harder to get the other drivers.:D
Good luck! I'm thinking your issue is close to being solved!

I'm connected via Ethernet cable wouldn't that work even with old drivers?
If Windows 10 carries a copy of the driver then yes you'll be fine but if like me then it doesn't.(if you have some old network drivers saved somewhere then yes sure they'll get you started) I also use an ethernet connection and until I pop the network driver on windows won't connect. To be honest i actually quite like this method. It means I can install my drivers in peace knowing that windows update can't download and install them. I usually install all my drivers leaving the network driver till last.
I just checked which network chip you have and it's a Realtek, chances are Windows 10 will carry the driver but I'd still get a copy just in case.

So use the link I provided to download a copy of the windows 10 iso and burn it to disk. Don't burn any faster than 4x.

As I'm sure your aware you will need to change your boot order so that the DVD player is first, oh and don't forget to watch for the prompt to 'Press any key' otherwise it will just boot to desktop.

Once you get to the point of choosing where you want to install Windows you see options to delete the partitions already on the C drive. I'd clear the lot and simply click next.

Do not forget about the activation page, you will be given the option to either skip or you'll see some blue writing 'I don't have a key' or words to that effect, that's the option you want. Windows will activate automatically.

Best of luck Bawb and any problems please post back.

Nice reply @kemical I prefer the USB flash option over the disk however!. Also skip the up dates when doing the up grade. You can get them latter!
Good luck Bawb!

As I explained in post #91 one can use either a disk or USB.

As I explained in post #91 one can use either a disk or USB.
Yes sir I read your post #91. I read all your replies! I was just saying I prefer the USB, and I recommend skipping the up dates when doing the upgrade. Of course if you're going to boot with the media, you need to make sure your PC has that option!;) The up dates can be added latter.
I have done several of these upgrades in my retirement village with the USB. Your the greatest on BSODs @kemical :up::worship::worship:
I'm really hoping this is the solution to Bawb's issue!;);)

One thing i forgot to mention is please don't use any driver update utilities. Use the drivers found on the motherboard support page and your machine will be a lot happier for it.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/
Regarding your chipset drivers.
You will find one download under 'Chipset' ( choose the latest version ). The other chipset driver you'll find under 'Utilities' and is called Intel engine management driver. I wouldn't bother with anything else in that Utilities section.
Good luck!

One thing i forgot to mention is please don't use any driver update utilities. Use the drivers found on the motherboard support page and your machine will be a lot happier for it.
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/H87MPLUS/HelpDesk_Download/
Regarding your chipset drivers.
You will find one download under 'Chipset' ( choose the latest version ). The other chipset driver you'll find under 'Utilities' and is called Intel engine management driver. I wouldn't bother with anything else in that Utilities section.
Good luck!
Well The new os is installed everything that was left of the old os is gone. So now I guess ill just wait and see what happens tomorrow

Ok Bawb, thank you for the update. Hope all goes well but if not post back.

Back