Windows 8 Blue Screen on Shutdown?

I did wonder about you security apps and possible conflicts but it seems you have it all in hand now. I did have a look around for uninstalling Hitman but it seems many have the same issue. Try checking the apps folder in the c drive as it might have an uninstaller exe? Failing that you could always find the apps folder and delete the contents. Then go through the registry and manually remove it that way. I've done same with problem apps in the past.

Hi

I did manually remove Hitman.

I used Agent Ransack to find all the files.

I uninstalled the files located in several different locations, Program Files (x86), Users Directory, etc.
Then I ran CCleaner and removed left over registry entries that it found.

It seems to be totally gone now, I removed SuperAntiSpyware as well.

I'm still running AVG and Malwarebytes, I'll leave it at that for now.

I also went through and removed about 10 other programs I never use, with Revo Uninstaller.

Defragmented, cleaned and running really good now.

I'll use it for a couple of days and then make a new Disk Image, I have 2, one made with EaseUS Todo, and one made with Paragon Backup and Recover, and I have a boot disk for both.

Today was the first time that I used Todo to do a recovery but it worked great and it's very easy to use, only a few choices and direct.

It booted and restored from the disk with only a few clicks.

As I said before I made sure that Driver Verify is not turned on.
I'm not sure but I believe that the Windows Update turned it on, and caused the problems.

Mike

Agent Ransak... I must remember that. Thanks for the tip. :) Usually bone fida applications can be uninstalled easy as pie I wonder why Hitman is so difficult?

Hi

Some of these security suits can be a pain to get rid of, it's not like Hitman isn't reputable.

I have used Agent Ransack for a long time, it's the best search software that I've found.
Much better then the native Windows search engine.

You can quickly search for any thing and use criteria that will zero right in on what you are looking for.

Last night I couldn't find a document that I had spent a lot of time on, and then forgotten where I saved it.
I only had a vague idea of what I called it, but I was sure that I had used the word registration in the title.

Only took me a few minutes to search through several hard drives and find it.

Mike

I've never tried it Mike but will do now you've mentioned it. I prefer to use little gems like this that's come by word of mouth as opposed to some glossy advert.

Back
Top Bottom