Windows 7 Blue Screen related to wifi

wallflower

Hey everyone.
I need some advice regarding my computer which seems to be getting worse!

My computer has always had minor issues, such as it not starting up when a memory card is inserted in one of the slots (it just goes to a black screen with an underscore).

But my main issue lately is that I keep getting the blue screen of death. I noticed it first started when I used to troubleshoot my wifi, and I believed it was related to my wifi adapter, but even when I purchased a new one I still kept getting the blue screen. I still think it's related to my wifi though because so far I've noticed that I haven't gotten the blue screen when my adapter is not plugged in.

Maybe the USB ports are the problem? I'm not sure where to begin and would appreciate any help!

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80002CD3D2C
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111912-37689-01.dmp
C:\Users\Dori\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56129-0.sysdata.xml

The BSOD forum might be able to analyze your .dmp file. There is a sticky there explaining how to ask for help with a blue screen.

But your memory card situation sounds like the boot is being directed to the inserted card instead of the correct boot location. Not sure why a memory card would take over that process, but you might check your bios to make sure the hard drive with the System partition is still set as primary.

Drivers can, for different reasons, cause problems. If you think it is your WiFi, have you uninstalled the device and then reinstalled, making sure the correct drivers were used.

I have seen a Network Adapter cause blue screens. You might check the Device Manager and properties for the device and change the Power Management settings.

Bug Check 0xA: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Windows Debuggers)

Back
Top Bottom