Windows 7 Bluescreen - NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Ok I did this, but I cannot see the previous bluescreen now, or? It needs a new one to get the folder C:/Windows/Minidump with the dmp files, right?

Well also something doesn't work well here, too I guess.
the Rockstarsupport told me, that due the MSInfo/DxDiag one of my Windows .dll are corrupted and i should check this via cmd> sfc /scannow - I did this, before and after the updates.. but Windows couldn't find any issues.
Also my Firestorm (Second Life Browser) crashes without reason too, what he never did before it started with my issues (2 month ago).

Ok Ok, I foudn the Memory.dmp, created a folder MiniDump and used my program BlueScreenView to have a look:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage
to your computer.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file:

NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow
these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer
for any Windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware
or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart
your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then
select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x00000024 (0x00000000001904fb, 0xfffff88007a834d8, 0xfffff88007a82d30,
0xfffff80002c97097)

*** - Address 0x0000000000000000 base at 0x0000000000000000 DateStamp
0x00000000

This is really strange for me because I don't get it. I changed the main SSD with a borrowed HDD, there I also got some problems (like that I have to restore some stuff there and GTA also told me, that I have corrupted files), then I made a clean install on my SSD and still having issues and it also tells me its the NTFS.

I also changed the Sata-cable from mainboard to SSD(or the borrowed HDD) to prevent that the problem is caused by a corrupted cable.

Can you post the actual dump file please. As I've mentioned previously please post any new dump files as blue screen viewer doesn't allow us to debug.

I know, I know, but this was the Memory.dmp the computer did, because it was not set on Minidump. So the original file was 0,9 Gigabyte big. Can't uploaded this of course :/.

You could always upload it to something like Megashare but in any case please change your settings so they are the same as this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Well, of course I set the settings now to create Minidumps - like u told me one site before :) - but of course my computer will make this from this point to the future. The Bluescreen I had was, BEFORE I changed the settings.. thats why I am interested in it. Since I've got the feeling I get bluescreens around 3-4 weeks.

Also I already deleted the Memory.dmb files because of the huge size. I "could" upload it of course on a sharehoster.. but my Internet is below averade what means.. Uploading a file in this size could probably need 24 hours. 24 hours where I can't do anything else in the computer.

Well I did this with all 3 harddrives (SSD as Windowsdrive, and the two others).. but there were not located any issues.

Since I tested a few things:
- harddrive tets via chkdsk, Speedfan Smarttest and Wester Digital Lifeguard
- GPU via Graphiccard Stresstest (the one u gave me)
- Prime95 for the CPU
- memtest for the Ram
- another harddrive with a clean install of a not original copy of Windows 7 Ultimate (for testings)
- a clean install of Windows 7 Pro on the SSD (since I already have enough of that)
- sfc /scannow with no errors

and there are still problems..like rockstar is telling me I have corrupted dlls of Windows, Bluescreen yesterday while Windowsupdates and I was just watching something in MPC, a few crashs, Windows never finds any problems too. Also, when I installed the clean Win7 on the SSD, then I could not install it on the SSD first. The Option to install it to the SSD was grey marked.. It just worked, when I put off the two other Harddrives. With the SSD alone, the installation worked well.

.. so now I'm asking: What can it be?
Could it be that there are really NO (!) problems inside Win7 because when I check scannow it cannot find corruption?
Can I say, that the CPU, GPU, Harddrives and Ram are really working?
Does this mean my Mainboard and/or PSU are somehow broken?

I hever never ever had a computerproblem like this in my 20 years of computer experience; at least most time I could locate the origin of the problem.. in this case I feel like I can not.. how much I try - and I am really REALLY glad you take all your time to help me! Thanks for this!

EDIT: AAAAND another stupid thing on my computer. As I just found out, my computer must made folder while the Windows Updates was made (maybe even in the time of the BSOD). The folder was made on my harddrive E: (!???) and has the name: 0b8c7e6215b9b6c012b17ea0

It is a folder with a lock, its 38,5 MB big, inside are a few folders with number-names (1025, 1028), and some other Windows Installer patch, dll's and more.

I tried to delete it, but I can't. I even tried to delete it in safemode, but I am not allowed. What the hell is this? And what it has to do on my folder E:? I don't want it!

Okay, since nothing works I could delete it with Unlocker. However. I don't think its normal to create files on another Harddrive?

Last edited:
Hmm... I really need to see a dump file but going back through your thread I originally suggested you update the bios as you were missing quite a bit of functionality. Did you actually update the bios at any point?
Also I can't see your full system specification including psu make and model. Could you please list.

As for the folder you found it's possibly to do with an install of some description and for the moment I'd be inclined to leave it alone. Let's just try and sort out these issues one at a time.
So firstly as soon as you get a dump file please post.

Please post your system specification including make and model of PSU

I see from rereading you didn't update the Bios. Download the app found on this page and it will update your system automatically:
http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z77A-G43.html#down-utility&Win7 64
It's called 'Live update 6'

I did not a BIOS update, since I am scared of not bootable computer after that. I really don't liek to update bios things.. I ofte read that people have issues after that. However my computer worked the last 2 years also with the actual BIOS without issues, so I guess the update is not the reason for it. I am really scared of that

The PSU is BeQuiet Pure Power 530 W - Model Nr: BQT L7-530W

CPU i3450 3,1GHZ with cooler Arctic Freezer 13
GPU Gigabyte Geforce GTX 660 OC (OC by manufacter)
12 GB á 4GB Corsair XMS 3

Did i miss something?

As long as you don't turn the machine during the update you'll be fine but your fast running out of options. Plus the bios update actually makes your system better so it's worth considering. Try the live update above.

Okay, I downloaded it and I installed it. Trying to start it gives me the error "the system is not supported by this program" (in german, i just tried to translate it)

Edit: Okay, after a restart the program runs itself and then I could update it only in Windowsmode (I tried in bio, but that one told me to install the update first).

Edit2: Can we just wait for a BSOD or is it possible that I somehow can report other weird things/crashs for example from event manager? Because going back to my history of BSODs it looks like I get BSODs every few weeks, what could take some time.

Last edited:
Sure.. let's wait until you get another bsod and go from there..

Hello again.

I just found out that the computer NOW (maybe after MB bios update, I really don't know) has a Unknow device in the device manager.The Hardware-ID is ACPI\INT33A0 *INT33A0 . I tried to reinstall Chipset driver, Intel Management Engine but that doesn't solve that.

Edit: Okay, while lookign for solution I found out, someone got the same problem after Bios update. It is the Intel Smart Connect or something. I deactivated it in BIOS because I read its for updating emails, social networks and stuff like that in sleep mode. Guess I don't need it. It dissapears from device manager.

However I keep getting small crashs every day. For example today firefox crashed but the windows event manager doesn't say anything.

Last edited:
Hello,
since I deactivated it, I don't bother about anymore. However I am wondering about something else.

On my startup programs I have the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\update_.exe

I am wondering what this is?

Just want to update: This was a trojan and I really don't have a clue how this one come in in my new system.

Back
Top Bottom