Windows 7 Bluetooth Headphones not visible

rgilreath

I guess I should start by saying I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate x86

I got a pair of LG HBS700 Bluetooth Headphones for Christmas and couldn't wait to pair them up to my Windows 7 Home Theater PC so I could watch movies after my wife has gone to bed w/o disturbing her.

My first problem was I had no bluetooth adapter for the HTPC so I went and purchased a Targus Bluetooth 4.0 Bluetooth Adapter...

Thought I had it all squared away. I installed the latest drivers for the Bluetooth Adapter I had purchased and was on my merry way.

Went to the control panel, choose to add a bluetooth device after putting the headset in pairing mode and much to my dismay, Windows 7 can't seem to find the headset... I know the head set works because I'm able to pair it with my cell phone. I'm at a loss, any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

After looking up your specs from the link you provided, it seems those are strictly for mobile phones, seeing that it states it's found in the "cell phone accessories" area of LG. Nothing says it works with windows or any other operating system that I can find. After reading a few of the reviews...there seems to be a lot of people with that particular model are having all kinds of issues with it.

I would stay away from the cellular line of wireless headsets and look for wireless headsets that are made for windows...I'm partial to Logitech...good quality and pricing. Then there are those of the high end...Bose, Sony and the likes.

Logitech - Headsets

Last edited:
After looking up your specs from the link you provided, it seems those are strictly for mobile phones, seeing that it states it's found in the "cell phone accessories" area of LG. Nothing says it works with windows or any other operating system that I can find. After reading a few of the reviews...there seems to be a lot of people with that particular model are having all kinds of issues with it.

I would stay away from the cellular line of wireless headsets and look for wireless headsets that are made for windows...I'm partial to Logitech...good quality and pricing. Then there are those of the high end...Bose, Sony and the likes.

Logitech - Headsets

Thanks for the reply. That's seems so silly to me. Can/do they make things that are only compatible with mobile devices via Bluetooth? How does the bluetooth being used by the dongle I purchased differ from the way the bluetooth on my mobile device works? meh. I guess I have to just buck up and buy a different pair of head phones.

Thanks again!

Good question...I really don't know. I agree with you...if bluetooth is bluetooth it should, one would think it should work for everything. But this being MS, you can never tell and some manufacturers just don't want to take the time and/or spend the money on writing the code for the drivers needed for all MS operating systems along with Apple's OS and the whole Linux distros. Then to think about it... the code for mobile phones firmware is different then the code for operating systems, hence all the troubles with this particular band and model. Then again this just a hypothesis...who freaking knows. It could be just a fluke headset.

This is one of those life lessons that I learned the hard way myself some years back...make sure you research, more research and read all the reviews of an item before purchasing. It can save some headaches down the road.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom