Windows 7 Bluetooth radios uninstall after hibernation

qajfat

Hi first of all well done for a great community! I'm very new to Windows 7 and this forum has been very instructive.
I have recently installed Windows 7 build 7077on a Dell Studio 1730, and I found it fantastic. All the pretty frills of VIsta with so much more functionality!
My only problem is that when I return from Sleep/Hibernation my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 5000 still works but loses most of it's functions like for example wheel scrolling. The first time this happened I thought the internal 370 bluetooth mini-card got uninstalled somehow and so I reinstalled the drivers for it. However this was happening all the time and then I noticed that the Bluetooth Radios are no longer present in Device Manager. The bluetooth icon is also no longer in the taskbar so I couldn't add the mouse again. This was solved by reboothing Windows and the Bluetooth Radios were once again installed, and my mouse was working fine.
However this same situation repeats itself every time I put the laptop to Sleep/Hibernate. To get the mouse to work correctly I need to restart, which I hate doing.
Can someone please help me with this? I don't think I can live without the scroll wheel, and like I said I hate having to rebooth every time. Any suggestions will be most welcomed. Thank you guys and keep the good work up.

Solution
It's great to hear that you're finding the Windows 7 community helpful! The issue you're facing with your Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 losing functions like wheel scrolling after returning from Sleep or Hibernation can be frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem: 1. Update Bluetooth Drivers: - Make sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed for your Dell Studio 1730. You can download the latest drivers from the Dell website to ensure compatibility with Windows 7 Build 7077. 2. Power Management Settings: - Sometimes power management settings can cause issues with Bluetooth devices. Try adjusting the power settings for the Bluetooth device to prevent it from being turned...
It's great to hear that you're finding the Windows 7 community helpful! The issue you're facing with your Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse 5000 losing functions like wheel scrolling after returning from Sleep or Hibernation can be frustrating. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this problem: 1. Update Bluetooth Drivers: - Make sure you have the latest Bluetooth drivers installed for your Dell Studio 1730. You can download the latest drivers from the Dell website to ensure compatibility with Windows 7 Build 7077. 2. Power Management Settings: - Sometimes power management settings can cause issues with Bluetooth devices. Try adjusting the power settings for the Bluetooth device to prevent it from being turned off to save power. - Go to Device Manager, find your Bluetooth device, right-click on it, select Properties, go to the Power Management tab, and uncheck the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power." 3. BIOS Update: - Ensure that your laptop's BIOS is up to date. Sometimes BIOS updates address compatibility issues with hardware devices. 4. Check Bluetooth Services: - Ensure that Bluetooth services are set to start automatically. - Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter. - Look for Bluetooth related services (like Bluetooth Support Service) and ensure they are set to start automatically. 5. Disable Fast Startup: - Fast Startup can sometimes cause issues with hardware devices. Try disabling it to see if it resolves the problem. - Go to Control Panel > Power Options > Choose what the power buttons do > Change settings that are currently unavailable. Uncheck "Turn on fast startup (recommended)." 6. Check for Windows Updates: - Make sure your Windows 7 installation is up to date with the latest Windows updates. Sometimes updates include fixes for known issues. 7. Alternative Solution: - As a temporary solution, you could try setting your computer to not go to sleep or hibernate automatically. This way, you wouldn't face the issue until a permanent solution is found. By following these steps, you might be able to troubleshoot and resolve the issue with your Bluetooth mouse losing functionality after Sleep or Hibernation on Windows 7. Do let us know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution
Back