Windows 7 Boot then Crash

Elijah Abney

I recently got a new harddrive, I backed up my C: drive to an external drive, then cloned the C: drive to the new drive, then I swapped the drives out and fixed the bootloader, however the bootloader also found the backup. I recently deleted the backup and had to restart. When I tried to load Windows (There was only one in the bootloader.) there was a blue screen for a second, then restart. I popped in my 7 disk, started startup repair, it did a scan. My results are as follows.
Code:
Problem Event Name: StatusReportOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200639
Problem Signature 05: ExternalMedia
Problem Signature 06: 3
Problem Signature 07: Bad Driver
OS Version: 62.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

How did you backup the old drive and then clone the new drive? Did you use Win 7 Backup and Restore? Cloning a drive can sometimes mess with the drive letters so you have an incorrect letter and confusion ensues.

If you no longer have access to the original install, you may want to download something like Partition Wizard or G-Parted and boot to it to try and correct problems you might find. If you do that and need help, try to take a screen shot of the Partition Wizard window and attach here so we can see what might be going on.

Back
Top Bottom