Windows 7 Broadcom BCM57781 onboard LAN keeps dropping out and then coming back

Have you given any thought to the DSL causing your problem rather than your system? Is there a way you could keep another computer plugged into the router so as to keep the network active, just for testing?

Also, I wanted to bring up the fact that some older home alarm systems can cause problems with DSL. If you have one, you might want to call the provider to check.

And the phone line type of DSL can have noise problems in some installs....

Have you given any thought to the DSL causing your problem rather than your system? Is there a way you could keep another computer plugged into the router so as to keep the network active, just for testing?

Also, I wanted to bring up the fact that some older home alarm systems can cause problems with DSL. If you have one, you might want to call the provider to check.

And the phone line type of DSL can have noise problems in some installs....

I do not think its the DSL, as the entire time I have had another laptop connected by wifi and the last 2 weeks wired, to the same Netgear DG843G router. Every time my machine drops I test the laptop and its fine.

There is no home alarm here.

I do not think its the DSL, as the entire time I have had another laptop connected by wifi and the last 2 weeks wired, to the same Netgear DG843G router. Every time my machine drops I test the laptop and its fine.

There is no home alarm here.

Hi there

as a report, since uninstalling my VMware adaptors from Device Manager (run in my Win 7) network up time has been alot better. I am in two minds now if I even need to keep my VMware virtual copy of XP at all, I suppose i can keep it but without the ability to run internet in it due to the adaptors being uninstalled.

Any internet I need I can swap in a second back to the Win 7 Pro machine anyway.

Hi there

as a report, since uninstalling my VMware adaptors from Device Manager (run in my Win 7) network up time has been alot better. I am in two minds now if I even need to keep my VMware virtual copy of XP at all, I suppose i can keep it but without the ability to run internet in it due to the adaptors being uninstalled.

Any internet I need I can swap in a second back to the Win 7 Pro machine anyway.

It appears my problems are over as far as network drops

Culprit is
VMWARE
disabling the Virtual internet adaptors in Device Manager in Windows 7 was a start.

After my Canon scanner broke which was the only reason I installed VMware I decided there is no reason at all for the software and uninstalled the lot.

Everything seems to be fine now. Any future drop outs will be due to something else.

Also, an earlier thread on this forum I had regarding programs not working after returning from sleep, whereby only a restart of the machine would fix the problem. -- this has gone too!

So alot to blame on VMware..

Back