Windows 7 BSOD- A lot of random crashes( screen turns black, Red Black Lines across screen_

kingofpicklez

Hi,

I'm getting a lot of BSOD crashes on this computer.

My computer is:
Newegg.com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2039 Athlon II X4 630(2.8GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB ATI Radeon HD 5670 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit

I ran a memtest86 a couple months ago and it had errors show up, so i replaced the memory with Crucial two-2gb pc3 ddr3-10600, but the problem still persists. It mostly happens when I am using Internet Explorer, when I'm downloading large files, or playing Starcraft II. It has in the past randomly crashed when the computer was not in use.

I asked customer support for Cyberpower but they have not replied, so I don't know what to do now.

I have attached a zip file of my minidumps I really don't know how to read them except i have found out through BlueScreenView the problem is due to ntoskrnl.exe.

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Attachments

• New folder.zip
    32.9 KB · Views: 220
Hi Picklez,
after checking your dumps I'd check your system bios.. Is it the latest version? If not then you'll need to update it.
To check which motherboard your actually using try this excellent app here which is a free trial: Downloads | Lavalys.com
It might even give you the web page needed for the bios update but if not post back and we can help further..

Hardware fault - X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV. Update drivers and if no luck consider upgrading bios.

Code:
082810-14757-01.dmp
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004f1f8f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred
BUGCHECK_STR:  0x124_AuthenticAMD
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
PROCESS_NAME:  System
CURRENT_IRQL:  0

082810-18954-01.dmp
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004ef56e8, 0, 0}

082810-20826-01.dmp
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004efe8f8, 0, 0}
Be sure to update your motherboard drivers, and also these:

speedfan.sys Sun Sep 24 16:26:48 2006
SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer
If you're using speedfan, get the latest but not beta.

AtiPcie.sys Tue May 05 18:00:22 2009
Graphics Drivers & Software

kemical-
I updated my BIOS to the latest which is 0704 by using the program you suggested. However, that was the BIOS i had from before and when I was rebooting it asked if i wanted to change my BIOS settings or use default, I chose default. Was i suppose to change anything?

cybercore- I updated my ATI drivers to the latest ones, but using Everest, I noticed that my graphics card had 15 different drivers installed, is that normal?

Don't worry about Everest. It's what's in the device manager that counts. :)

If there are new crashes, please post them. Perhaps the bios update has helped fix the issue. If not, you likely have some defective hardware. We can't see all of your drivers, so maybe with new crashes, we will be able to.

Leave bios at defaults for now. Yep.

My computer just crashed, the screen turned black but this time it didn't reboot automatically, I had to use the restart button, and there were no minidump files recorded

There are tons. One thing at a time though. You have 0x124 errors, which are of the hardware type.

Software (drivers) can trigger these in certain instances. We can show you everything you need to consider and/or do once we are sure that the software is in great shape...or arrive at the conclusion that we will not be able to see all the drivers.

New crashes posted = getting closer to solving the problem.

If no crashes, the problem has already been solved.

My computer just crashed, the screen turned black but this time it didn't reboot automatically, I had to use the restart button, and there were no minidump files recorded

Based on your thread title, I'd remove the video card and run off the motherboard onboard vga to test how it is like this and if crashes happen or not.
If no onboard vga, install another card for testing purposes.

Then also consider this.

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Please post crashes if/when it's possible.

I noticed that my graphics card had 15 different drivers installed, is that normal?

WOW! I would say that this is almost definitely contributing to your problem.. If you go to 'add and remove' software and find the ATI install manager. Make sure you click the 'Express remove all ATI software'. To ensure you've removed all the old drivers download and run this app: Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
Make sure you create a system resore page beforehand tho'.

Once all is removed install the latest drivers.

kemical, I have done what you have asked. Hopefully this will help my situation. So far there has not been any crashes, but then again sometimes its off and on. If there are anymore crashes I will upload/update again. Thanks

i got another crash today, it seems to be the same reason. Here is an updated minidump file

Attachments

• 8312010.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 190
Like a twin dump here, something is wrong with your motherboard/cpu:

083110-22791-01.dmp

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004f368f8, 0, 0}
A fatal hardware error has occurred
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

Would be nice to update AMD PCIE Filter Driver for ATI PCIE chipset - atipcie.sys (2009), but looks this one is the latest. Besides, your minidumps point to an uncorrectable hardware failure. Follow the link from the first page of this thread:

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try - Windows 7 Forums

Back
Top Bottom