Windows 7 BSOD at Login Everytime - Need Help

Hi everyone,

I currently have issues with a HP EliteBook 8460p. I keep getting a BSOD at login and sometimes it does not even boot up to login screen. Its very irregular since i can go into safe mode sometimes and other times i get the BSOD. I have gone into safe mode and disabled, Video, Networking, Sound and Modem Drivers and still same results. I have been able to get the minidump files and appdata files, if anyone can help i would really appreciate the help.

Thank You

Error Message:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer. If this
screen appears again, follow these steps:
Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the stop message,
disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.
Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching
or shadowing. If you need to use safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer,
press f8 to select advanced startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

2lo6hd3.png

16le6w5.jpg

Attachments

• albertolizdumpfiles.zip
    671.1 KB · Views: 272
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 4390010, fffffa800df47780}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030ca100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030ca1c0
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisDeleteMiniportOnLastDeref+158 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
your dmp files point to a number of issues:

BiosVersion = 68SCF Ver. F.08
BiosReleaseDate = 08/26/2011
Please update bios, latest version stands at F.42. Please make sure the model is correct:
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...tlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken#BIOS

atikmdag.sys Sun Feb 06 18:31:45 2011
Please update your graphic drivers
http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...Tok=com.vignette.cachetoken#Driver - Graphics

Most if not all drivers have updates please apply using above site.

Update the above and see how you go. Please post any new dmp files..

Hi kemical

I have started to download the drivers and I haven't installed them just yet. I downloaded the W7F Diagnostic Tool and got all log files. I have also performed a clean boot and was able to get into my desktop but occasionally I get a BSOD. I got two new ones and have attached them too. I will be installing the driver updates and keep you informed. One more weird thing is my Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Work Stations got corrupted, I also deleted some Malware I found (My PC Backup, Wajam, NCH_EN Toolbar)

Thank you very much for your help

Attachments

• W7F_11-12-2013.zip
    7.6 MB · Views: 991
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8010060010, fffff880046ca3bc, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+73bc )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
new dmp files were mainly pointing to graphics as the culprit. As stated above, update what you can and see how you go.

Ok kemical

I have updated my video, network, mousepad, camera,audio, chipset drivers and BIOS. I still get BSOD. Im thinking its malware related now since kaspersky was corrupted. But here are some more log files. If u need more information please let me know. I did get some new stop errors if there not in the log files I have pics.

Thank You

Attachments

• W7F_11-12-2013.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 688
Hi,
can you send the new dmp files after you've updated the drivers as I'm seeing the same old drivers in the last update you posted.

Hi kemical

I did update some drivers but I kept getting a BSOD so i decided to do a System Repair. While I was doing a windows update over night I woke up and found that it had a system crash while i was sleeping and my Kaspersky notified me of an event and had log files. Here are the new files. Everything is seems to be better but i would like to know what caused that one system crash.

Thank You

Attachments

• W7F Diagnostic Tool.zip
    109.2 KB · Views: 181
  • Kaspersky Logs.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 284
Hi,
I checked the file you sent but to be honest I've never dealt with such files so couldn't really tell what was what. If you do have any new dmp files though I'll certainly read them for you.

Back