Windows 7 BSOD at random times

Praetorian

Hi Folks..
I'm hoping this is the correct place to post my request (noobness is overwhelming).
I am getting random BSoD's (Memory_Management) while using my pc... I can't find any pattern of events to cause it and I haven't got any minidumps etc from it either... The only thing I know is that it seems to happen most often when I place one of my two DIMMs in a specific RAM slot.. can anybody help me? is this a hardware or software issue? I think it could be a software because my Linux install never has troubles.
Motherboard: Asus M4A785TD-M EVO
CPU: AMD Athlon 2 x2 (245)
RAM: 2 x 1Gig Kingston Value Ram (1333)
GPU: ATI HD5670

Praetorian:
Hello and welcome to the forum.
First please take some time and read the first post in this thread here. It will explain how to properly configure Windows 7 to support the creation of .dmp files, as well as explain how to amass other information that might be helpful in the further diagnosis of your issue.
As far as populating memory slots properly, please consult your MoBo documentation or download the Manual for your board which should be located here.

Start by addressing these three very old drivers
Rt64win7.sys 2/26/2009 4:04 Realtek network adapter driver
Epfwndis.sys 4/9/2009 7:43 Eset personal firewall driver (uninstall associated software and confirm that the uninstall took this driver with it.)
AtiPcie.sys 5/5/2009 10:00 Ati Graphics Card Driver
Use Google to locate, if unsuccessful post back here, some of the guys may have links to the appropriate locations for the correct downloads.
Regards
Randy

Back
Top Bottom