Windows 7 BSOD during BF3 - new computer.

Zhirgoyt

Hi!
I recently bought parts for a new computer and installed without any problems. Everything except playing Battlefield 3 has worked fine so far, although I haven't stressed the computer with any other game thus far.

I have tried reinstalling drivers for the soundcard (realtek), the graphics card and some other things. I have tried running chkdsk and the built-in ram-test, with no luck. I have also reinstalled BF3.

It often happens about 20-30 mins into the game and I have been monitoring the temperatures quite closely, so I don't think that's the problem.

Very grateful for any help. I have attached the images of CPU-Z and my only minidump file I could find. I had 3 more but they got deleted, I guess from me running CCleaner. They were caused by dxgmms1.sys.

My specs:
MSI Z77A-G43 ATX
Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB 1600Mhz (2x4096MB)
Intel Core i5 3450 3,1Ghz (Ivy Bridge)
Optiarc AD-7280S SATA, OEM
Cooler Master Elite 430 Svart
Fractal Design Integra 500W
XFX Radeon HD6870 1024MB
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 6Gbit/s
Windows 7, 64-bit

View attachment Minidump - Zhirgoyt.rar Capture8.PNGCapture7.PNGCapture6.PNGCapture5.PNGCapture4.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture9.PNG

Edit: I tried disabling the Realtek High Definition Audio in device manager and I was able to play 20 mins before I had a different crash (to desktop), following a map-change. I'm gonna give it a longer go later tonight to see if it still works.

Last edited:
Nothing obvious in that single dump file, So......
Turn off Driver Verifier for now.
Use your system BIOS utility to turn off / disable EIST (Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology)
If Blue Screens persist, then;
Download Memtest86+ from this location here. Burn the ISO to a CD and boot the computer from the CD from a cold boot after leaving it off for an hour or more.
Ideally let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test. Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Perform the test RAM sticks individually as well as all possible combinations. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.
See this Guide to using Memtest 86+
Attach any new dump files here by updating your thread.

Back
Top Bottom