Windows 7 BSOD during install

lrfp

Hi,
I am trying to install Windoes 7 Home Premium. Win7 is an original OEM version bought together with hardware. Before I used Vista, and after that Ubuntu Linux. Everything worked fine. Then I decided to try Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop is a Toshiba U300-159.

Problem is that at the end of installation, after I have entered product key and press next the computer hangs and after a short time I get a BSOD with error code f4.

I have checked both RAM, processor and harddisk. Everything is ok acording to test results. Furthermore I have tryed to reinstall Ubuntu Linux and it works perfectly. But I bought win7 because I want to use this. Any ideas on how i get to install win7?

Thanks in advance :)

OEM software versions have special pre-install procedures, I believe. Although I have not done an install like that, there should be some instructions.

ok 2 things i would like you to look for

i would like to know, what eror type it is ( this is at the top ) such as DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_THAN EQUAL something like that and also at the bottom it should address ( win32.sys etc )

post back if not i will upload a screenshot what i would like :)

Hi Kaos

Thanks for your reply

Tryed to make a screendump. No succes.
Here is at transscript of the text:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated.

If this i the first time you´ve seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears againm follow these steps:

Check to make sure new hardware or software is properly installed.
If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problem continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical infomation:

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA8002C8FB30, 0xFFFFFA8002C8
0xFFFFF80002B8D240)

Collecting data for chrash dump...
Initializing disk for chrash dump...
Beginning dump of physical memory.
Dumping of physical memory to disk: 100 %"

After this the computer restarts automatically.
There is no new hardware installed to remove. No new software since this is a clean new installation of windows 7.
It is not possible to boot in safe mode. The computer wouldnt let me because windows 7 hasnt installed windows properly yet. It just start the installation process over again :-(

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Back