Windows 7 BSOD error on shutdown: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL wmf01000.sys

owj

Just to let people know that the update KB2685813, has been causing a BSOD since the update downloaded on the 22/11/2012

I went thru each update on that date making a note of each on shutdown. The BSOD remained until tonight when I uninstalled the above mentioned item.

"This article introduces an update that installs User-Mode Driver Framework (UMDF) version 1.11 on Windows operating systems.

UMDF supports user-mode drivers that are written specifically to use it. UMDF driver packages that are built by using Windows Driver Kit for Windows 7 can automatically redistribute and install version 1.11 of the files. During driver package installation, the package checks the computer to determine what version of UMDF is currently installed, and then the package updates the files to 1.11 if they are an older version.

For more information about UMDF, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) website:
General information about User-Mode Driver Framework
For more information about UMDF version information, visit the following MSDN website:General information about UMDF version information"
Cheers
Owen

Last edited:
I can confirm. After installation of KB2685813 and KB2685811 (Kernel-Mode Driver Framework 1.11) I started to receive an error - Event ID: 219 - Windows Kernel PNP - WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_USB_CF_READER&REV_1.01#058F312D81B&1#
Though I did not experienced BSODs, sometimes Win7Ultimate64 freezes completely, the other time reboots with no memory dump. I uninstalled the above items. Now everything runs fine.

Just my 2¢, but I find that issues like this with Windows Updates are usually due to older/buggy drivers that are already installed on the system when the update is downloaded and installed.

In Titoos' case, it seems to be an issue with the USB CF (Compact Flash) Reader. Updating the drivers to the latest available version from the device manufacturer (not the PC manufacturer) may help.

Thanks for posting this info - it's bound to help others who are experiencing the same problems!

Just my 2¢, but I find that issues like this with Windows Updates are usually due to older/buggy drivers that are already installed on the system when the update is downloaded and installed.

In Titoos' case, it seems to be an issue with the USB CF (Compact Flash) Reader. Updating the drivers to the latest available version from the device manufacturer (not the PC manufacturer) may help.

Thanks for posting this info - it's bound to help others who are experiencing the same problems!

Probably, you're right. I did not install any specific drivers for this cards' reader. These are MS drivers - ver. 6.1.7600.16385 (2006-06-21).
The problem is linked to WUDFPf.sys and WUDFRd.sys. The above Windows updates install a newer version of these files: 6.2.920016384.

Description: The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device (...)

Also, I do not have an exclamation mark (!) displayed next to the smartcard reader in Device Manager. Device works fine, but driver needs more time to load somehow.

Do you know any newer universal drivers for smart card readers? (CF/MS/SD/SM)

Hi,
Here are reports. No minidump - didn't have a BSOD.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• W7F_08-12-2012.ZIP
    180.3 KB · Views: 542
Hi,
Tried these drivers - same thing with Event ID: 219 - Windows Kernel PNP - WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_GENERIC&PROD_USB_CF_READER&REV_1.01#058F312D81B&1#

I experienced similar thing with my laptop, but with the USB port. Everything's working fine though.

I think I fixed this 'problem' doing this:

- Start/Run/services.msc
- Go to Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework
- Changed startup type from manual to automatic.

Back