Windows 7 bsod on brand new pc with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

psyflem

I ordered a brand new computer without operating system, once it arrived i went to the store, bought windows 7 and installed it on the pc. Installed all the drivers that came with the pc. Since day 1 I keep on having bsod, with different causes:
-fltmgr.sys
-ntoskrnl.exe
-atikmdag.sys
-Ntfs.sys
-rdbss.sys
-dxgmms1.sys

I re installed windows and re installed all drivers, got older drivers, the newest, but nothing works. Can anybody here help me out because is really annoying i spent all this money and the pc doesn't work properly. Here is the configuration
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5P43TD PRO Rev X.0x
2,67 gigahertz Intel Core2 Quad Q9400
1000,19 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
8192 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' has 2048 MB
Slot 'DIMM2' has 2048 MB
Slot 'DIMM3' has 2048 MB
ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series [Display adapter]
Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) (build 7600)

Thank u in advance

Rule of thumb on clean installs

I don't mean to alarm you, but the first thing that comes to mind, is files in the file system, or memory are becoming corrupt. This is usually caused by hardware configuration/issues. Try the following:

run chkdsk to ensure the file system appears in good condition, i assume you formatted full during the install?
Bootup or possibly reinstall using only a stick of ram, sometimes a slight mistiming in the banks will cause random files to go corrupt.

On the software side of it, are you installing any 'of your own' software before installing the updates from windows update? Sometimes 3rd party programs get in the way of those.

Thomas R

I don't mean to alarm you, but the first thing that comes to mind, is files in the file system, or memory are becoming corrupt. This is usually caused by hardware configuration/issues. Try the following:

run chkdsk to ensure the file system appears in good condition, i assume you formatted full during the install?
Bootup or possibly reinstall using only a stick of ram, sometimes a slight mistiming in the banks will cause random files to go corrupt.

On the software side of it, are you installing any 'of your own' software before installing the updates from windows update? Sometimes 3rd party programs get in the way of those.

Thomas R

I thought everything ok after the re install, but now i got 3 bsod in a row:
USBPORT.SYS
dxgmms1.sys
atikmdag.sys

and this all in 4 minutes time.

re install

apparantly my former answer didn't come through
i formatted the c drive again and re installed windows using only one stick of 2gb ram
i downloaded the drivers from the internet, didn't use any from cd or dvd, got a bsod from tcpip.sys, so installd the ethernet adapter from cd. turned pc off, and put the rest of 6 gb of ram in and then it worked fine for an hour, but then these 3 bsod in a row

problem solved (i hope)

I just wanted to inform u that my problem has been solved, apparantly when I ordered the pc i upgraded from 4 gb of ram to 8 gb of ram and the shop just added them in the dimm slots but didn't adjust the voltage. I found out because with 4 gb of ram the system performed fine. Googled a bit and adjusted a few setting in the Bios and now it runs ok. So no bad drivers or anything, just some bios settings. Thank u and hope this explenation can some ppl out with the same issues.

Thanks for replying. To many posters never post back if a fix works or not.
Joe

Hello, my gf on accident pushed the turbo button (to start in overclock mode), she got an error saying overclocking failed, press one to start in default settings, which she did and it al started again. BSOD's with 8 gb of ram. Working fine with 4. But of course I cannot find the BIOS settings anymore. Can anyone help me out to adjust the settings again? Know was like 8 or 10 settings, including adjusting some voltage. Thanks!

What setting do you need, Advanced DRAM Configuration ?
It's not the same for all bioses.

I really don't know. I explained the problem here and some guy said try thes settings in a private message, which I did and it worked out fine. I wrote the settings down but can't find them anywhere. But now when logging in here it seems my private messages are gone...:( Had been more than a year and system was working great, until my gf pushed that turbo button on the case grrr

The turbo button is turned off. Don't have that option to load fail-safe defaults in the bios. I know from last year that that person gave me some things to change in the bios, and one of them was changing some voltage settings, along with like 8 other options, and then the system performed perfectly. Just wanna know what settings to change....So annoying lol. Thanks though for trying to help.

Re: problem solved (i hope)

I just wanted to inform u that my problem has been solved, apparantly when I ordered the pc i upgraded from 4 gb of ram to 8 gb of ram and the shop just added them in the dimm slots but didn't adjust the voltage. I found out because with 4 gb of ram the system performed fine. Googled a bit and adjusted a few setting in the Bios and now it runs ok. So no bad drivers or anything, just some bios settings. Thank u and hope this explenation can some ppl out with the same issues.

Attach this stuff:

--> CPUZ 2 screenshots CPU and MEMORY
--> RAMMon HTML.zip
--> most recent .dmp files

http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...mportant-every-thread-starter-please-see.html

Sorry for the late reply. Here are the attachments you asked for. Only with 4 gb of ram of course, system just doesn't work with more. Only 4 dmp files also, from the moment i reset my settings in the bios. So after the 4 th bsod, I took out 2x2 gb of ram and system works fine again. I cannot seem to upload the dumpfiles. Am not authorised, changed the owner, I am the administrator and unticked the read only option but still saying am not authorised. Sometimes I hate computers lol.

Attach this stuff:

--> CPUZ 2 screenshots CPU and MEMORY
--> RAMMon HTML.zip
--> most recent .dmp files

http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...mportant-every-thread-starter-please-see.html

Attachments

• RAMMon - SPD Info.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 235
  • screenshot cpu 2.jpg
    screenshot cpu 2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 392
  • screenshot cpu 1.jpg
    screenshot cpu 1.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 410
  • screenshot ram2.jpg
    screenshot ram2.jpg
    481.4 KB · Views: 379
  • screenshot ram1.jpg
    screenshot ram1.jpg
    479.1 KB · Views: 396

psyflem;
I have recently had some similar issues with blue screens, when trying to poplulate all four memory slots on my board with 1333Mhz memory. Take a look at this Blog .
You can see what I chose to use as a solution as well as the link that I used that discusses the issue and some other ideas regarding voltage adjustments that you may be able to use and might be what you are referencing above.
However without seeing your dump files I can only guess what might be the problem, so you may want to try copying and pasting the contents of your minidump folder (files ending in the .dmp extention) into another folder on your desktop and see if you can zip that up and attach it.

Back
Top Bottom