Windows 7 BSOD on Startup

NicholasRoge

I woke up the other morning, and went to turn on my computer, however, when it finished loading all the drivers, and left the screen with the loading image, it bluescreened. I booted into ubuntu using a live CD, and look at the contents fo my drive, and everything's there. But when I went to check for the BSOD .dmp file, it wasn't there.

The only thing I did before that, was that I tried to partition my hard drive, but it gave me an error that I had to check the disk before I could go on. So it restarted, and when it booted back up, it tried to check the disk, but that came back with an error that, to be honest, I don't remember.

I've tried running the console, and doing a chkdsk, and everything came back fine. I've also tried booting into safe mode to see if it was a driver issue. I thought about trying to reinstall the DLLs using the original install disk, but I really don't know where they're located on the disk.

Any help?

Try doing a repair using the install disk. You may have to do the repair twice.

I woke up the other morning, and went to turn on my computer, however, when it finished loading all the drivers, and left the screen with the loading image, it bluescreened. I booted into ubuntu using a live CD, and look at the contents fo my drive, and everything's there. But when I went to check for the BSOD .dmp file, it wasn't there.

The only thing I did before that, was that I tried to partition my hard drive, but it gave me an error that I had to check the disk before I could go on. So it restarted, and when it booted back up, it tried to check the disk, but that came back with an error that, to be honest, I don't remember.

I've tried running the console, and doing a chkdsk, and everything came back fine. I've also tried booting into safe mode to see if it was a driver issue. I thought about trying to reinstall the DLLs using the original install disk, but I really don't know where they're located on the disk.

Any help?

Back