Windows 7 BSOD Randomly Every Day Please Help

Ant123

Please if anyone can help with this random BSOD as I have no clue what is causing it.
This laptop is getting on a bit but has always run problem free. I did a fresh install of Windows 7 this year due to too much crap installed over the years but have not changed any hardware. The only issue I have had for over a year is having to press F1 to get the laptop to boot due to a hard drive fail warning... Hasn't failed yet!!

For the past 3 months I get the random BSOD for no reason. I can fire the laptop up and use it for hours without a BSOD then other times only minutes..

This laptop is of the early I7's so runs VERY HOT!! always has since new...

Any help would be very much appritiated as I use this laptop every weekend as a backup as I am a DJ.

I have attached the .dmp files and 2 folders one with screen shots from CPU-Z and the other with a html file from RAMMon all Zipped up.

Many Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Antony

Attachments

• W7F_07-06-2015.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,366
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80049d5010, fffff8800f814d3c, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+7afd3c )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
most of your dump files point to a display driver not resetting within a given time and so hence the bsod. These are generally called TDR errors and are usually down to the driver although many things can trip a TDR.
The support page for your machine carries some later gpu drivers compared to the ones installed try updating:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/xps-15/drivers

Hi Kemical

Thank you so much for the speedy reply, updating drivers as we speak so fingers crossed. Kind of makes sense being a GPU issues as I have booted up and then screen has gone black shortly after logging on. The bsod is very random but have noticed it more so when streaming things like nextflix or using VLC player so again pointing towards graphics.

Thanks again
Antony

Hi Antony,
hope all goes well but if not just post back.. Best of luck :)

Hi Kemical

Well matters went from bad to worse!! Tried updating the graphics drivers which went all good... but whilst I was on the DELL site I though hummm I'll check the other drivers using the Dell System Detect Utility. It pointed out there was an update for my BIOS!!! Half way through flashing my machine froze!! Upon restarting it was a brick! Black Screen and nothing else..

Anyways long storry short for past few nights have sat up all hours trying to figure if it was time for the Dell to visit the Laptop Graveyard!! Happily to report I managed through the help of the amazing Google to find a way to Re-flash the bios using a Bootable USB Drive and some clever tools to extract the Bios from the Dell .exe file... I even spoke to some "PC Expert" friends who said new bios chip/motherboard time i.e. new laptop time!! Anyways I'm rather chuffed with myself and am currently typing this on said laptop and currently no BSOD!! Fingers crossed!!

Once again many thanks for your help

Antony

Haha I spoke too soon! No BSOD but screen has gone black a few times since last post. I thought it was a crash so did Hard Power Off but upon closing screen/lid last time it black screened I realised the machine is still runing as it went in to hibernation and upon opening the screen back up it came back to life at log on screen... Hummmmm not sure what is causing the now Black Screen Of Sleep! Maybe GPU is on it's way out? This laptop has pretty much spent it's life powered up 24/7 entertaining my Insomnia and a couple of years Video DJing using HD videos. Atleast the black screen is easier to recover from, over the BSOD.

Maybe a visit to the graveyard is on its way......

You could always try running some basic tests?

Find command prompt in the start menu, right click on it and run as admin:Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results.

Run a chkdsk:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

Check your VRAM:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

Black screens can also be caused by excessive heat. If you have a small thin paintbrush try cleaning any vents which might be dusty.

Edit:
By the way, nice job on rescuing the bios.. ;)

Back