Windows 10 BSOD w/ fresh Win10

gerald191146

Hello all, been having some trouble with Win10 as it's been BSOD often. Had to put it off until recently and I had thought I fixed it with some outdated drivers for my Scarlett 2i4 and some graphic drivers but it has come back in full force. Decided to start fresh with a new Win10 22H2 install but still experiencing issues. I had left Memtest86+ v6 running overnight and it found 0 problems. Running the SFC /scannow command would sometimes find nothing and other times would tell me it fixed things. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth or /Scanhealth would never find anything wrong.

Crashes usually occur while I have Firefox open or when I wake up from sleep. Please advise, thank you.

Attachments

• W7F_20-12-2022.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
  • SYSTEMREPORT.zip
    957.8 KB · Views: 55
Hi,
I took a look at your dumps and as you say at least one blamed the firefox browser. I also noticed your bios is outdated:

BiosVendor = American Megatrends International, LLC.
BiosVersion = F33f
BiosReleaseDate = 03/12/2021
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = X570 AORUS ULTRA

Current bios is running at version F36d.
X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

I'd check what extensions, if any running in the firefox browser and disable if need be.

Have you tried running without the Focusrite/Scarlet 2i4 attached and seeing if makes a difference?

I tried updating the BIOS one revision at a time, giving it a few days, and getting BSODs. Even the newest one F36, seems to replace the F36d that you mentioned previously. Disconnected the Focusrite as recommended but it would still crash.

I went the Driver Verifier way and it crashed immediately with an old Logitech webcam driver. So I disconnected the webcam and it helped a bit but it wouldn't crash while using my computer normally with Driver Verifier. It would then proceed to crash when it woke up from sleep at times but it wouldn't display what driver caused it to crash.

The next thing to try is disabling all my extensions on Firefox. Thank you for your assistance.

It would then proceed to crash when it woke up from sleep at times but it wouldn't display what driver caused it to crash.
Have you tried enabling Hybrid sleep?

sleep.jpg

Just checked and hybrid sleep is enabled on the AMD Balanced power plan. Here are the latest 5 crashes I've had so far. Some from waking up from sleep and others with general usage.

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    797.8 KB · Views: 41
Hi,

so looking through your dump files we can see dumps for network related crashes and something called 'ZF Gamebrowser' (related?) which is known for causing crashes. I would guess that part of your issues could be related to this. You also had a dump for Gamebar.exe which is Xbox related (the app) and possible related to the above?

See if updating your Lan driver helps and if possible either update or remove ZF gamebrowser?

X570 AORUS ULTRA (rev. 1.0) Support | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

Back