BSOD Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Jo Strom, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Jo Strom

Jo Strom New Member

Upgraded laptop online to Windows 10 (previous 7 pre-loaded) 3 weeks ago. 2 days ago started pc, got BSOD Recovery Screen with info: System32\drivers\WRkrn.sys Error code 0x000007b) I do not have a recovery disc or flash. WHAT Do I do?I had someone reinstalled my win 7 which was pre installed when I originally bought laptop. This person added this Webroot Anywhere & this is the reason I am having error msg. I have no idea if or how he registered this. The BSOD says F8 but when I go to other screen it won't let me use any options listed. I can't boot in safe mode, command prompt or anything except BIOS unless I haven't tried holding down shift key yet. I doubt that will work since the macros aren't working. Please help!!!

2. Neemobeer

Neemobeer Windows Forum Team
    Staff Member

Follow this guide to upload the dump files. How to ask for help with a BSOD problem If you can't get into normal windows you can try getting into Safe Mode w/Networking to get the dump files and upload them

3. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Hi and welcome to the forum :up:
    Please post the exact Make/Model of your computer, we will provide you specific suggestions on how to obtain Recovery Media.

Best,
    <<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

4. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi Jo,
    could you not ask a friend or relative which might be running win 10, to create a recovery key?